Has anyone dropped their Note 3 yet?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
$708+tax to be exact. That is what I chunked out to Tmobile, and believe you me, this phone gets "prize status" with me!! No hand me arounds, no let me see or can I borrow stuff!! :D The other day, getting off the subway, a lady was somewhat stranded. She asked me could she use my phone to call her sister. I quickly said what is the number, dialed the number, put the phone speaker. No touchee!! :D

I'm the same way! I won't even let my friends or family touch it because I'm afraid they'll drop it.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

I just don't trust a stranger holding my phone so I never allow them to simply hold it. :)

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Did they give you a huge discount, was it open box with a discount?? I know you didn't buy what supposed to be a new phone with a dent on it, or did you???? :D

Didn't notice it, even then it wasn't a big enough dent to bother me at the time. It's really small

Posted via Android Central App

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I spilled Sambuca on the home button and mic today. Both died. I then removed the battery, poured rubbing alcohol right into the home button and the mic, let it sit for a few minutes than used compressed air to evacuate the alcohol remnants. Everything is back to normal now.

BeRich

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm 5'4'' and I've dropped mine from standing chest height onto low-pile carpet and rugs so far. No bare hard surfaces yet. Using a Spigen SlimArmor case and BodyGuardz tempered glass screen protector. No damage at all so far.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I dropped my phone once from about 2" onto the carpet. Fortunately, it had a case and a screen protector. I promised it I would be more careful.

scribe4food

May 17, 2010
Visit site
As soon as i took Cleo (my Note 3) I transferred her straight to the Otterbox Commuter case that Verizon was selling in store.

I've only taken her out on a few occasions, but that's normally while sitting on a couch knowing that I'm not getting up anytime soon.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
As soon as i took Cleo (my Note 3) I transferred her straight to the Otterbox Commuter case that Verizon was selling in store.

I've only taken her out on a few occasions, but that's normally while sitting on a couch knowing that I'm not getting up anytime soon.

I know Clea appreciates your loving care.

g2

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I just don't trust a stranger holding my phone so I never allow them to simply hold it. :)

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

And a lot of people call us "funny acting" for being like that.. Sheesh.. :D My wife is not as particular as I am, and she is on her 2nd Samsung Galaxy S4, I cringe everytime she makes an excuse to use my Note 3.. But, I have gotten slick with that move. The only time I let her put her clumsy mitts on my Note 3, is when we are in bed!!! :D :D.. If it slips out of her hand, no where to fall except the soft mattress!! :D She even makes smart remarks like "you think somebody is going to run away with your phone"... :D :D

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
My wife totally doesn't understand why I have two Android phones and an android tablet that I covet. I always tell her she can use any of them but she's intimidated by their sheer ultimate irrevocable awesomeness. For she can feel the power they wield...and stuff. My 4 year-old...not so much. He's always willing to put his cute little crumb-snatchers on my gear.

g2

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
My wife totally doesn't understand why I have two Android phones and an android tablet that I covet. I always tell her she can use any of them but she's intimidated by their sheer ultimate irrevocable awesomeness. For she can feel the power they wield...and stuff. My 4 year-old...not so much. He's always willing to put his cute little crumb-snatchers on my gear.

g2

You and I have a lot in common. My wife doesn't understand why I'm infatuated with technology and phones. I can explain till I'm blue in the face and she'll just give me a blank stare and call me a dipsh*t for spending all our money! But since I got her the S4, she's on it more than she is on the PC and loves the darn thing. Go figure. I also have a 4 year old. We finally have him trained not to mess with our phones but the Acer A500 is his....take it away from him and it's world war 3.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
My phone has been naked most of the time since I got it around 6 months ago. It's still in great condition, only a few minor scratches on the screen (only visible in the right light) and a little dent on the faux metal band (was there since I got it, starting to chip a little)

Yeah I have a few minor screen scratches also. I think it's from playing jelly splash with the stylus. I wish they could prevent the stylus that came with the device from actually scratching the device. Lol.

I'll probably get a warranty replacement a hair before my one year is up so I can sell it in new condition when the time comes.

Sent from my gameboy color