02-17-2014 02:39 AM
224 123 ...
tools
    I hate to make a post like this, but mine fell out of my pocket while I was at the gym this morning. Normally I slap a case on a new phone ASAP, but there are literally no cases to be found unless, I order one online. I have a slight ding in the plastic, and maybe it's just me, but it seems like the power button on the right is a little more recessed now(but it still works). Really bummed about the small ding even though you don't notice it, unless you're looking for it. UGH, looks like I'll be ordering a case from Amazon ASAP. Just a little irked that there were little to no cases available, but I guess that's the problem with being an early adopter. I otherwise love this device!
    yyue likes this.
    10-21-2013 07:30 PM
    Note to self: don't work out with phone in pocket...

As a fellow not so gym rat, Aren't you worried about sweating through your pocket to your unprotected phone? I've seen it happen with those cheap neoprene arm holders too
    only1canoli, Preach2k and Amir like this.
    10-21-2013 07:42 PM
    Amazon had a fairly large cheap armband on sale for about $7.00 a few weeks ago. I got mine last week and while it looks like crap, it'll do the job.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2
    XChrisX likes this.
    10-21-2013 07:51 PM
    Note to self: don't work out with phone in pocket...

As a fellow not so gym rat, Aren't you worried about sweating through your pocket to your unprotected phone? I've seen it happen with those cheap neoprene arm holders too
    Honestly no, I've never had a phone fall out of my pocket in gym ever. I'm not sure if it was the combination of the size of the phone, or the slipperiness of the phone/workout pants. It's just never happened. I'm not saying I don't fault myself, and need to be more careful(never dropped a smartphone ever either) but just bummed this happened. I guess from now on, I'll start using a gym bag with my Note 3 in it, and bring my iPod as a music player. It's just so inconvenient but ah well. This thread was really just me venting I guess, and seeing if I am the first to carry this misfortune.
    TheMaskedMamba and yyue like this.
    10-21-2013 07:52 PM
    You might get the award for the first drop Chris - sorry it happened though (though glad your phone survived with minimal damage)!

I ordered a case right away for fear of that happening to me - the first drop is always the worst!

Posted via Android Central App
    The SPCS Guy likes this.
    10-21-2013 08:00 PM
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00EZB...cUvbUpU3158757

For reference, I have 16 inch arms (I won't lie and pretend it's all muscle, some is bacon/beef) and I have a decent amount of slack when tied to my bicep. It went up since I purchased. I'm guessing supply and demand rules apply.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2
    Preach2k likes this.
    10-21-2013 08:01 PM
    I dropped it at the movie theater yesterday. Luckily I had my S view case on.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    10-21-2013 08:02 PM
    I dropped it at the movie theater yesterday. Luckily I had my S view case on.

Been debating getting an s view case, will probably order a cheaper case from Amazon until the Otterbox gets released.

I guess while the phone is pocketable, it's not as flush in the pocket as an iPhone, or my GS3.(And no I don't wear skinny jeans).
    10-21-2013 08:13 PM
    Funny you should mention drops. Got my Spigen neo hybrid case on Saturday and I dropped mine at a gas station today as I was walking inside. It hit on the bottom left corner and bounced and I kicked it about 5 feet before I could stop. After my heart started back I picked it up and everything is in good working order but the case is a little dinged up. I would highly recommend the case

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    XChrisX and gantavya like this.
    10-21-2013 08:15 PM
    Funny you should mention drops. Got my Spigen neo hybrid case on Saturday and I dropped mine at a gas station today as I was walking inside. It hit on the bottom left corner and bounced and I kicked it about 5 feet before I could stop. After my heart started back I picked it up and everything is in good working order but the case is a little dinged up.

I would have had a mini heart attack. Glad to hear it was just the case that was dinged up.

10-21-2013 08:17 PM
    I dropped mine, but I have a case. My local Verizon store had 3 cases. I used my note 2 case in my note 3 for a few days before I got my note 3 case because I didn't want to go bare back

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    10-21-2013 08:24 PM
    Funny you should mention drops. Got my Spigen neo hybrid case on Saturday and I dropped mine at a gas station today as I was walking inside. It hit on the bottom left corner and bounced and I kicked it about 5 feet before I could stop. After my heart started back I picked it up and everything is in good working order but the case is a little dinged up. I would highly recommend the case

Thanks for posting this - that's the case I have as well, but I haven't "tested" it yet. Love the case, so I'm glad to hear it works well!

10-21-2013 08:52 PM
    Honestly no, I've never had a phone fall out of my pocket in gym ever. I'm not sure if it was the combination of the size of the phone, or the slipperiness of the phone/workout pants. It's just never happened. I'm not saying I don't fault myself, and need to be more careful(never dropped a smartphone ever either) but just bummed this happened. I guess from now on, I'll start using a gym bag with my Note 3 in it, and bring my iPod as a music player. It's just so inconvenient but ah well. This thread was really just me venting I guess, and seeing if I am the first to carry this misfortune.
    Yeah, I've never had my phone fall out of my pocket. The basketball shorts I usually wear have pretty deep pockets. My Note2 never fell out of my pockets or got soaked when I used the armband.

I prefer having my phone in my pockets because I track my workouts and like to have easy access in between sets

Sent From "The Beast"
    XChrisX likes this.
    10-21-2013 08:58 PM
    I dropped mine on the floor board of my van. Had a case on so no damage. The phone is to slippery not to have a case for me. I tend to loose the case after a few moths though. Glad OP has no broken glass.

XChrisX likes this.
    10-21-2013 08:59 PM
    I dropped mine on the floor board of my van. Had a case on so no damage. The phone is to slippery not to have a case for me. I tend to loose the case after a few moths though. Glad OP has no broken glass.

I think having my headphones plugged in saved it. I noticed it fall out as I felt the weight tugging on my ears, and I grabbed it immediately. I didn't notice any damage immediately but noticed a few hours later, when I was cleaning the display. The headphones stayed plugged in, so it wasn't a complete drop. Buying a case ASAP!

BTW these were Adidas track pants(polyester) I was laying on an incline bench which unfortunately left my phone vulnerable.
    Johnly and edgefever like this.
    10-21-2013 09:14 PM
    Not yet... Fingers crossed!

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    10-21-2013 11:02 PM
    There's a reason why those Spigen cases suck, one drop and there's a big dent. They sure do look nice when new.
    10-21-2013 11:39 PM
    I'd be perfectly fine if my case takes some damage over the phone - that's the point of a case after all.

AgentScribe and boudicca00 like this.
    10-22-2013 08:25 AM
    I jinxed myself because I scratched my phone today. Idk how it happened. I was so careful. I'm more mad that I don't know when it happened than it being scratched. Lol I returned the S view case and bought the Incipio Wallet case for more protection.

10-22-2013 01:45 PM
    You might get the award for the first drop Chris - sorry it happened though (though glad your phone survived with minimal damage)!

I ordered a case right away for fear of that happening to me - the first drop is always the worst!

Had my first drop more than a week ago. And I'm sure (really, really hope) there were others before me!
    10-22-2013 01:50 PM
    It always happens to the new shiny phone. If I go back to my iPhone. I will never drop.

10-22-2013 01:54 PM
    It always happens to the new shiny phone. If I go back to my iPhone. I will never drop.

True Story.
    10-22-2013 02:05 PM
    Im going to quote this from my friend. "Scratches give it character"

boudicca00 and pathfinder3 like this.
    10-22-2013 02:17 PM
    I dropped mine from a height of about 4 feet right on it face, not a scratch luckly I had a case on it.

larsonage likes this.
    10-22-2013 02:31 PM
    Go to sport store and get the runners waste pack.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!
    10-22-2013 05:01 PM
224 123 ...