Proximity Sensor problem in NOTE 3

Romil Majmudar

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
Just now i have bought Note 3 with one year warranty, after 10days suddenly my proximity sensor stop working means sensor not working during the call, else all functions are working when i have came to know i have checked with *#0*# and checked sensor but ADC is working properly but green light is not able to on... can you suggest how to fixed this may i have deleted few files from application manager.. or please advice how to re-install my jelly bean 4.3.
Thanks,
Romil

dallasfever

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
No fix for it yet. Most people have this issue. Just doesn't come up often as most people are not aware since it's during a call.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

smurftech

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue noticed it about a week after i got the phone.

Proximity sensor locks once activated, small feature but bloody annoying.

I tried blowing compressed air into the phone which seemed to work for about 1/2 day then went back to locking

stan23

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
pretty sure mine hasn't worked since day 1. If I get a call, the proximity sensor works once, then doesn't dis-engage. Not a real deal breaker, but would be nice if it was working.

I put on a spigen screen protector since day 1, so i'm not sure if that's the problem. I don't really want to remove it just to check.

mullarameez

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone. I found the cause of this I hope. The main culprit is hardware. 1st I will tell solution for this problem. Just push hard the earpiece chrome grill inside with ur nails and the proximity sensor will work properly. problem is when we use phone and it gets heated at top then the glue which is holding earpiece grill will loose itself. its hardware problem and eventually many note3 users will face this. im using exynos note3.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Samuel Fauteux

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I've try what you say, but that's not working... It's my second Galaxy Note 3 with this problem...The first one have been resent to Samsung!

Someone can help with it? Thank you!

*Srry for my english, I'm french.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
My proximity sensor is failing again. pressing on the grill and blowing dust does not seem to be a viable *fix*. I have ordered another note 3. It better work or i will keep ordering them or get another phone. Not as impressed with the note 3 as I was with the note 2 is *some* regards.