Note 3 can't use built in microphone when connected to auxiliary port??

Tony300090

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
When I connect my phone to the auxiliary port in my car I can hear music gps guidance etc through my car speakers. However when a call comes through I can answer it and hear the person on the other end clearly but they cannot hear me. Also s voice and any other app that requires the but in microphone will not work when plugged in to the auxiliary port. If I have head phones plugged in everything works fine so why would it all shut down when it's plugged into the car radio? My 2 year old HTC sensation worked just fine I could have my gps on music a call and everything would come through my car speaker just fine. Is this a glitch or an over site by Samsung or is there some feature I'm missing? Has anyone else had this problem?

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

putsometrebleinit

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Do you have headphones or a headset with a mic built in? I i know the dialer app on a lot of phones default to the headset when handling a call assuming that there will be a built in mic attached. It could be that that is the way Sammy is writing the software so that all apps are disabling the internal mic when anything is inserted into the jack.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Tony300090

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
No I don't have one with the mic built into it but I may have to buy one if there is no other solution to the problem with the auxiliary port. It works fine with my regular head phones plugged in. Meaning it doesn't disable the internal mic. It only shuts things down when it plugs into the auxiliary port of a car

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

Hokie-Dave

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Hmmmm... My internal mic does work for some apps while I have the phone plugged into the auxiliary jack. I can use google voice and speach to text while in the messaging app. But, unfortunately I think after 4.1 possibly Bluetooth ceased to work while the aux cable was plugged in to my S2 (same with the Note 3). When a call comes in now, I've got to remember to unplug the aux cable before answering the call on BT. Very annoying.

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Hmmmm... My internal mic does work for some apps while I have the phone plugged into the auxiliary jack. I can use google voice and speach to text while in the messaging app. But, unfortunately I think after 4.1 possibly Bluetooth ceased to work while the aux cable was plugged in to my S2 (same with the Note 3). When a call comes in now, I've got to remember to unplug the aux cable before answering the call on BT. Very annoying.

Soundabout is your answer!!
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...droid.wiredheadphoneroutingfix&token=SichdvtS

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance