How-to: Import Note 2 notes to the Note 3

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Just in case anyone hasn't figured this one out yet you can indeed import your Note/Note2/Note 8.0 notes into your Note 3. To do so, of course, you'll need to be synching your notes with your Samsung account on both devices. Then...
1. Open S Note on your Note 3
2. Click Recent Notes in the upper left-hand corner
3. Click the Menu button and select Import-->Samsung Account
4. Select the Notes you want to import or choose the Select All option, then click Done

Your Note 3 will show "Importing" as it concentrates on the task but when it's done, Voila!

Why this is hidden this way is beyond me but at least it works!

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
If you have a Galaxy note 2, keep it....don't buy the note 3....because it have a major Bug.

The S note is missing the option to creat New events. You can not set an alarm to a specific date in a note and you can not see you notes in the S Calendar.

This is very incompetent from Samsung, we home Samsung Will fix this Bug as soon as possible because for now.....the Galaxy Note 2 is better than the Note 3.

How do I use S Note on my Samsung Galaxy Note? II? : | Samsung

View attachment 88161 View attachment 88112

While creating or editing an S Note, touch Menu key for the following options:
***** Create event: Attach the current note to a new calendar event *****

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Just in case anyone hasn't figured this one out yet you can indeed import your Note/Note2/Note 8.0 notes into your Note 3. To do so, of course, you'll need to be synching your notes with your Samsung account on both devices. Then...
4. Select the Notes you want to import or choose the Select All option, then click Done

Your Note 3 will show "Importing" as it concentrates on the task but when it's done, Voila!

Haalcyon, I hardly recognized you!!! :D Thanks for the directions. For now, before my Note 3 came, I sent all my S-Notes to my tablet and I think I'll let them stay there until they get the compatibility fixed. It's nice to know I can get them to the 3 if I find I really need to. Thanks!

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Ha! That's my little Monster in my avatar, His Highnesses, The Morsel. I think Samsung should have done a better job of compatibility between generations.

Nexus 7

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Ha! That's my little Monster in my avatar, His Highnesses, The Morsel. I think Samsung should have done a better job of compatibility between generations.

Nexus 7
He is such a cutie, Morsel suits him, something little and yummy. I am very unhappy about how Samsung treated the S-Note. For a flagship line, with a flagship unique capability, it should be what shines. And while I think Action Note and Scrapbooking are pretty nifty, I miss my old S-Notes.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
They're so cute until they decide to be bad! I picked up a Note 2 yesterday so I could use some of my apps that only work on lower res screens (lazy devs?). The Note 2 is a great device. I love what it can do too and its screen is quite nice.

Nexus 7

ZarathustraHead

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

Thanks. I haven't been able to get the Samsung or Evernote syncing to work between Note devices. They each say they're syncing to the same account, but nothing moves from one device to the next. I'm probably too stupid or lazy to figure it out.

I have been able to import and export from Google Docs with some success.

sent from my Note 3

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Note 2 is better than note 3. Samsung forgot the creat events option in the S Note 3...we can no more see our notes in the Calendar and add an alarm....

BIG FAIL. .!

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Note 2 is better than note 3. Samsung forgot the creat events option in the S Note 3...we can no more see our notes in the Calendar and add an alarm....

BIG FAIL. .!
Samsung could certainly stand to do some improving on the Notes feature, especially since its a big part of their signature devices.

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Samsung could certainly stand to do some improving on the Notes feature, especially since its a big part of their signature devices.

It is ideed " THE " Most important feature of the Galaxy Note 2. Taking notes is great but if we can note manage our notes in the S Calendar like in the Galaxy Note 2....i Will return it.

How do I use S Note on my Samsung Galaxy Note? II? : | Samsung

( see the S Note option in this link, you Will notice that the create event option Was in the Galaxy note 2 s note...)

'' ALL GALAXY NOTE 3 OWNERS SHOULD CALL SAMSUNG TO COMPLAIN AT 1-800-726-7864 ''

View attachment 88161 View attachment 88112

While creating or editing an S Note, touch Menu key for the following options:
***** Create event: Attach the current note to a new calendar event *****

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC