How many returned their Note 3 because of WiFi issues??

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
How many returned their Note 3 because of WiFi issues?? Either returned it for another Note 3 or returned it completely and/or switched to another phone?

The reason I ask, is because I have had a few issues with my Wifi on my phone. People were telling me voice is garbled when I call or they called me. However, I found out the other day, when I just was on the edge of WifI and it went off, I became clear to the other caller..

I am with Tmobile with unlimted Data and talk. My 20 day return period ends on the 31st. I am crazy about this phone, but like I have heard other say, for a phone costing this much, should not be buggy, or if it is, I should try another one, that will let me know if it was the phone or as everybody has stated an issue with the OS..

What a deli-ma for an almost first time smartphone user.. :)

mspace81

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I think if it isn't working for you, then return it. There's no point paying for something that is causing you issues. My hope is that T-Mobile and other carriers receive the small update that Google did for 4.3 and release it soon. Wifi issues were rampant for 4.3 and stabilized with that small update.

Posted via Android Central App

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
My GN3 WiFi is working just fine. Checked it against my home router and my MiFi I use for travel. Both are working.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I would implore anyone who has gotten a Note 3 this early to wait until updates are released. Usually it takes a while for the bugs to be ironed out. I have read posts where people have exchanged their phones for new ones and the problem persisted but then they ended up having a phone with physical issues. Or swapping the phone out for another device that they really didn't want only to have an update come out the following week to fix the issue (that happened to me). I would say be patient.

Sent from the baddest device on the planet, it's for real.

OKATVRIDER

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm on wifi and jamming light speed....I had a flux capacitor installed though it's lights years ahead lol....

Posted via Android Central App

nelonez

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
At first I thought I had an issue with my phone wifi antenna, but it turned out to be my wireless router that was causing the issue... got a replacement router and all is good now... "knock on wood"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

Instrumentals

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
It's weird, I can get into my home WIFI with no issue but can't do it at work or other places (I was on an Amtrak train this weekend and it would not let me connect to their WIFI, it would say the signal was too weak but the description said "very strong"), I truly don't get it.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
At first I thought I had an issue with my phone wifi antenna, but it turned out to be my wireless router that was causing the issue... got a replacement router and all is good now... "knock on wood"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

I would implore anyone who has gotten a Note 3 this early to wait until updates are released. Usually it takes a while for the bugs to be ironed out. I have read posts where people have exchanged their phones for new ones and the problem persisted but then they ended up having a phone with physical issues. Or swapping the phone out for another device that they really didn't want only to have an update come out the following week to fix the issue (that happened to me). I would say be patient.

Good points. I just a had some hi-cups with the Wifi, everything else is working fine, or should I said super fine.:D I got insurance. Going to go the patient route...

thanks to all for the feedback too.. much appreciated..

meadey123

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Posted in one of the other threads on this subject
HI. I'm in Canada & I just got the Note 3 at Bell. I have had the same unstable wifi issues so I phoned Bell & was told Samsung is aware of the issue & not only is it happening in Canada, but Samsung says it's happening all over the world. Bell told me Samsung is working on a software update to push out ASAP - hopefully within a week. I asked if there are any other known software or hardware issues with the Note 3, and was told not that they know of.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I have issues with wifi sometimes. I just turn on mobile data.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

semp1

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Don't wait. If it's defective you're screwed. Exchange and if there's not an issue with the new one great. If there is at least you know it's software related. Let Samsung figure it out. These devices are too expensive to gamble with whether it's defective or not. My note has not one of the issues listed so I'm thinking yours is defective. I returned my first for a headphone audio issue and guess what the new one was perfect. If I waited like some suggested I'd have an expensive useless paper weight in my opinion. Exchange!

Posted via My Galaxy Note 3

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Don't wait. If it's defective you're screwed. Exchange and if there's not an issue with the new one great. If there is at least you know it's software related. Let Samsung figure it out. These devices are too expensive to gamble with whether it's defective or not. My note has not one of the issues listed so I'm thinking yours is defective. I returned my first for a headphone audio issue and guess what the new one was perfect. If I waited like some suggested I'd have an expensive useless paper weight in my opinion. Exchange!

If it is defective, wouldn't you be able to get a warranty replacement Amy time during the first year anyway?

8tech

May 23, 2010
Visit site
I assume he/she meant you wouldn't get a brand new phone. You would get a refurbished one. Or worse, a phone that someone else returned that Verizon deemed okay to re-distribute without fixing.

semp1

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
If it is defective, wouldn't you be able to get a warranty replacement Amy time during the first year anyway?

Why chance it. Also if you don't have insurance you have to wait for Samsung to replace it. Which isn't that quick

meadey123

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Actually I've found switching off Auto connect and wifi timer and also enabling keep wifi on during sleep have removed my issues? Early days (only been 24 hours) but it seems to have done the trick.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

Correct. I have had my wifi tell me my connect was slow. Rebooted the phone and reset the router. That did the trick. While using the device, wifi works great for me other than that one fluke. A couple times I noticed my phone was reconnecting to wifi. Seems a little odd, but I haven't been troubled by it enough, though I believe there may be a software bug that needs addressed. I use wifi everyday at multiple locations. Haven't had any connect issues a reboot didn't solve, though only Rebooted once. That would be an unacceptable solution to have to do all the time.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site

Talking to Tmobile, if I sent it back, even in my 20 day return period for an exchange, I will not get a NEW PHONE. The only way I can get a new phone, will be to return this one, get a refund, and re purchase it again.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I assume he/she meant you wouldn't get a brand new phone. You would get a refurbished one. Or worse, a phone that someone else returned that Verizon deemed okay to re-distribute without fixing.

Correct. I would have to return this phone get a refund, and the repurchase. Only way to get a new one. I got until the 31st of Oct to make up my mind...

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci