Galaxy Note 3 and Asurion... :(

AldousSnow

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Phone stolen on a cruise this past weekend. I called Asurion when I got back on Monday. Paid my $200.00 deductible and THEN was told the phone has been on back order for a while as a replacement. Today is Thursday and I am now being told 7 to 10 business days as there are still no phones available (Asurion says its the manufactures fault)

Be careful out there guys... don't want you to end up in my situation. 10 years of paying insurance... and this is my first claim. I told them I don't even care about the color... they don't have white or black in stock.

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
its a 200 dollar deductable now!!! I would be asking for my $200 back until they are going to ship it

AldousSnow

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
its a 200 dollar deductable now!!! I would be asking for my $200 back until they are going to ship it

I actually called up and told them that I believe it was illegal to charge me for a product that has not shipped (normally you don't pay until they ship)... it didn't fly with them. Yes... $11/month... $200.00 deductible.

AuburnGrad

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I think I am only paying like 6 a month, and it is 150 deductible. Granted I haven't filed a claim so might be more than the $150. That is with Verizon, but I didn't pay for the highest insurance plan. I payed for the one that would replace lost, stolen, or physical damage.

CR6

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Mines 8 bucks a month with $100 deductible through Verizon, but that's on an S3. I think newer phones and iPhones have a higher deductible.
Still better than paying for a new device.
All the more reason to get a good tracking app like Cerberus https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...etails?id=com.lsdroid.cerberus&token=y0tsjaiN to track and locate your phone. You can remotely turn on the phones camera, sms, wipe your phone and even lock it down so whoever stole it can't use it.

tap'n

thefireguy286

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site

Asurioncares

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Phone stolen on a cruise this past weekend. I called Asurion when I got back on Monday. Paid my $200.00 deductible and THEN was told the phone has been on back order for a while as a replacement. Today is Thursday and I am now being told 7 to 10 business days as there are still no phones available (Asurion says its the manufactures fault)

Be careful out there guys... don't want you to end up in my situation. 10 years of paying insurance... and this is my first claim. I told them I don't even care about the color... they don't have white or black in stock.

Hi AldousSnow: We know waiting is never fun, so we truly appreciate your patience while we work replace your phone. We encourage you to monitor your claim status via Welcome to PhoneClaim.com - File a claim for your lost, stolen, or damaged phone or mobile broadband device. for the most up-to-date information. We would also be more than happy to look into your claim further to see if there is anything we can do to help.

If you would like our assistance, please send us a direct message on Twitter @AsurionCares with your claim number and the best contact number for you. Be sure to include #androidcentral so we can easily identify your Twitter response. If Twitter is not convenient, we also welcome you to email the same information to us at socialmediateam@asurion.com.

Thank you for being a loyal Asurion customer. We are here to help if you need us.

Asurion Social Media Team
@AsurionCares

stan23

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Wow, stolen on a cruise. I'd be livid! Thats the last place I would think something like this would happen. Wish your new phone comes soon!

AldousSnow

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi AldousSnow: We know waiting is never fun, so we truly appreciate your patience while we work replace your phone. We encourage you to monitor your claim status via Welcome to PhoneClaim.com - File a claim for your lost, stolen, or damaged phone or mobile broadband device. for the most up-to-date information. We would also be more than happy to look into your claim further to see if there is anything we can do to help.

If you would like our assistance, please send us a direct message on Twitter @AsurionCares with your claim number and the best contact number for you. Be sure to include #androidcentral so we can easily identify your Twitter response. If Twitter is not convenient, we also welcome you to email the same information to us at socialmediateam@asurion.com.

Thank you for being a loyal Asurion customer. We are here to help if you need us.

Asurion Social Media Team
@AsurionCares

I appreciate the response. I have been in contact with JD from your Twitter team this morning. I also call about every 4 hours hoping for updates. The latest update is that a few phones were received today, but the go to the people waiting the longest.... and believe it or not, some people are waiting longer than me. As it stands now, since I won't get one of the phones, I won't get mine Friday, Saturday or Sunday.... so I start the waiting game over on Monday.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, stolen on a cruise. I'd be livid! Thats the last place I would think something like this would happen. Wish your new phone comes soon!

I cruise a lot... and I can say that the staff on any cruise I've been on has been more than trustworthy. I can not say the same for the people you may cruise with or sit next to in the main dining halls.

int_architect

May 15, 2010
Visit site

My heart goes out to you. Hopefully, this means a brand new phone for you since the Note 3 just came out. I've had to deal with Asurion as well, and although the experience was good I felt like I was part of their quality control team because I had to go through two replacement devices (EVO 4G refurbs). They were kind enough to offer me a brand new EVO 3D but the first one was defective. The second - my current - was the keeper. Plus they let me keep the battery and micoSD from the first EVO 3D. So it eventually turned out for the best. Miss my EVO 4G though.

Here's to hoping you're back up and running soon.

3VO via Android Central App

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
can you ask for a loaner phone if it is a long wait? I thought I read someone did that before but not positive

I also looked mine up and I pay $8/month with a $99 deductible

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I actually called up and told them that I believe it was illegal to charge me for a product that has not shipped (normally you don't pay until they ship)... it didn't fly with them. Yes... $11/month... $200.00 deductible.

That would be correct, I do not believe it is legal to bill you for a service or product that has not been performed or delivered. They should not be billing you until they have them available.

- - - Updated - - -

you should get squaretrade as insurance. they have a special for $99 for galaxy smartphones for 2 yrs, and a $99 deductible for any claim. and they fix or replace it for anything.
Samsung Galaxy S Insurance – Samsung Galaxy S Warranty – Samsung Galaxy S Protection Plan

SquareTrade would not help him since his phone was stolen. SquareTrade is good for warranty and damage claims though.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

I remember a story about a stolen iphone on a cruise and the cruise line employee who stole it was stupid enough to not erase the phone and continued to use it. The whole time the photos were uploading to the owners account and they were posting them online and showing them as proof of theft. I don't recall if they got the phone back.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
What is assurion's policy on how they have to actually replace a device. After all it is insurance and they have to deliver on it. They can go to Verizon if necessary and pay for one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc