S Voice Question

kentc0209

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Perhaps I'm being slow, but I can't figure out how to turn s voice on when my screen is in the off position by simply saying "hi Galaxy". I think I have everything checked (see screenshot) & I only have "swipe to unlock" enabled on my lock screen. Can someone walk me through how to activate S Voice when the screen is locked/off? Do I have to press as button or something?
PhotoGrid_1382713917785.jpg

kentc0209

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
That actually looks right. Is it not working for you?

No. 😭 let me make sure I'm doing this right:
1. I turn my screen off by short pressing the power button on the side of the phone.
2. Now the screen is off (meaning it is I the locked position).
3. I say "hi Galaxy" and it should automatically unlock my screen and take me to the S Voice screen.
Is this correct? If so, is not working for me. 😞

Posted via Android Central App

kentc0209

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Ok. I don't know what happened but everything's working now. Really weird: my phone froze (like it turned black and I couldn't even see my lock screen). Then it came on after about 30 seconds and the "hi Galaxy" command worked. Thanks for your help!

BizzyB

May 22, 2010
Visit site
No. �� let me make sure I'm doing this right:
1. I turn my screen off by short pressing the power button on the side of the phone.
2. Now the screen is off (meaning it is I the locked position).
3. I say "hi Galaxy" and it should automatically unlock my screen and take me to the S Voice screen.
Is this correct? If so, is not working for me. ��

If you're locking your phone with a secure password or pin you need to enable one extra setting. Actually click on Voice wake-up in that menu (not the toggle). You'll be taken to another screen where you'll see an option for "Wake-up in secured lock." Check that. Done.

icnmayhem

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
i wish they would let you do this while the screen is on as well. i disabled the double home tap to speed things up, but now when i want to use it, i have to turn the screen off.

omega1300

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
I just turned on this whole s - voice thing, specifically the voice - activation mode when the screen is off & locked. I was wondering - does this active listening mode cause a large battery drain? It's handy in the car, so I'd like to leave it on.

Also, s voice seems to have trouble with lots of names - is there a way to improve its recognition skills?

Thanks!
Update: listening mode seems to crush my battery. Disabling...

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams