Galaxy Note 3 - Background Tab Option is Gone

kjung7

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys I can't seem to find the option to enable background tabs for the stock browser. It used to be under settings on the old note, but it's not there anymore. Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys I can't seem to find the option to enable background tabs for the stock browser. It used to be under settings on the old note, but it's not there anymore. Any ideas?

Do you mean having multiple pages open at the same time? Next to the address bar, you'll see a page icon with a 1. tap that, your first page tilts a bit and it shows you a little page with a red minus in the upper right, and up at the top from there, are multiple white pages with a plus. Hit the plus to open more pages. After you open more pages, you can again tap the page/number that will be next to the address bar and you'll see a column of all the pages you have open where you can jump back and forth between them, close them, etc.

kjung7

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
No I mean when I hold down a link and the option to open in a new tab comes up, but there use to be a setting where you can make a new tab open in the background so that when you open a link it doesn't automatically go to the new tab

dontlookatme

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
thisn is annoying. it seems like the stockl browser is very basic. at least chrome allows foropning a tab in the back ground and that is what i want some times.

kjung7

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Okay good to know it wasn't just me. I was going crazy looking for the setting. I don't know why the got rid of it. Oh well.

superwoman123

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I seem to be having the same problem! And its so annoying that there seems to be no solution for it!
But I also had another problem with my browser, that I can't find the save page offline option in mine, which was available in my previous phone, the galaxy s3!
Could you please tell me how to solve that?

Rj Mendoza1

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Did anyone ever find out how to get the browser pages to open up in the background????? This is still a huge petpeev I have..

Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App