What does this rapid succession of updates say (if anything?)

imtravis

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
From every new phone I've gotten, I tend to see updates for the first few months, from samsung and the htc phones I've owned..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
How many updates have you seen? I've seen 1 update, which is understandable since from what I remember, it needs to get local tower updates.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
My own smartphone experience has been limited to BB Storm and HTC Rezound, but, for the life of me, can I remember that many updates so fast. I guess it can also be argued that it's a good thing.

ccpopham

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I am on verizon have not had any updates which kind of sucks the way carriers roll out the updates.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

JB802

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Only thing I like about the iPhone line...

Posted via Android Central App

IPhone's get the same updates, hell, they 7.0.1 for the 5s and 5c on launch day and they are currently on 7.0.3.. the first release of iOS6 had huge WiFi problems that needed patching. nothing is immune from bugs and holes

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
IPhone's get the same updates, hell, they 7.0.1 for the 5s and 5c on launch day and they are currently on 7.0.3.. the first release of iOS6 had huge WiFi problems that needed patching. nothing is immune from bugs and holes

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Yes, but they fix them relatively fast and don't get released at different times for different carriers or phone models like on Android.

AuburnGrad

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Another thing to think about for those asking this question. Is how often are you on the front end of a phones release.

If you normally buy phones that have been out 6 months already, then you missed all the updates, and it was already taken care of when you bought it. Thats why when buying a new phone, you have to weigh the bugs out, and if you really can't put up with them, then you get a new phone. Otherwise, assume that the updates will fix the tweaks. Nothing is perfect, no matter how much testing you put into it.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes, but they fix them relatively fast and don't get released at different times for different carriers or phone models like on Android.

That's just the nature of the beast. Android is open so carriers can and will modify the phones.. So patches have to be sure not to mess up the other things.

Apple controls it fully.. Carriers don't touch it.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
That's just the nature of the beast. Android is open so carriers can and will modify the phones.. So patches have to be sure not to mess up the other things.

Apple controls it fully.. Carriers don't touch it.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
Yeah, the one thing I wish Google would enforce...Let the OEM add some stuff but tell the carriers to make their own phones if they want to add their bloatware to something. That way you don't have 20 different firmware versions for basically the same phone...