Galaxy Gear 30% return rate?

GtoJon

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I was not hostile in any way! Buy every color they have! I see it for what it is .... a very very early adoption of something that will take many shapes in the next year for sure & this shape is not it! There are some people that will buy just because somebody else likes it a lot & pumps this "****" out of it & then they are stuck with something they really really don't need or want after a few days. You go ahead & buy all you want Fanboy!

Cheers, Jon
Wow, such hostility about an inanimate object. Why are you telling other adults what they should do? If I want to buy a $700 phone and a $300 accesory to use with it, why do you even care? I didn't use your money to buy these things with.

Posted via Android Central App

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
That would be pretty stupid honestly. Shouldn't you do some research before you go out and buy a $300 device?
Generally yes, research is assumed. But this is the general public we're talking about. None of those throwback Galaxy Gear commercials if I remember make any mention of needing the Galaxy Note 3. However, I'd assume the sales people would have to mention that upon purchase. I'm tempted to buy a Galaxy Gear just because. We'll see though.

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
I was not hostile in any way! Buy every color they have! I see it for what it is .... a very very early adoption of something that will take many shapes in the next year for sure & this shape is not it! There are some people that will buy just because somebody else likes it a lot & pumps this "****" out of it & then they are stuck with something they really really don't need or want after a few days. You go ahead & buy all you want Fanboy!

Cheers, Jon

That would be Ms. Fangirl to you. If your words become stars, hostile is one (polite) adjective to describe your posts.

GtoJon

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Fair enough .... if you bought the Gear, how does it help you with your day? What don't you like about it?

Cheers, Jon
That would be Ms. Fangirl to you. If your words become stars, hostile is one (polite) adjective to describe your posts.

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Fair enough .... if you bought the Gear, how does it help you with your day? What don't you like about it?

Cheers, Jon

I would like to be able to see GMail through the GMail app with the Gear, instead of having to sync GMail through the stock Email app. I haven't done the workaround though, because it's not as big of a deal to me.

I like that I have fewer missed calls and text messages because I get the notifications right on my wrist instead of having to dig in my purse to grab the phone, which has often stopped ringing by the time I grab it. I also like being able to read my emails while I'm up and moving around, away from my desktop computer. The camera has also been more useful to me than I thought that it would. And of course, not having to pull out my phone to check the time (since I wasn't a watch-wearer in the past) is a plus.

Overall, for my usage patterns, the Gear fits well into my life. For those that carry their phones in their pocket anyway, it may not be as useful to them. I have no regrets in buying the Gear and would have thought that $300 price was worth it. The 30% off just made it that much better for me.

GtoJon

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
How about the size on your wrist, that's got to be huge! I still like wearing a watch so it intrigues me & it would be a lot better if it wasn't tied to that phone for it to work at all! I am sure updates in the future will make it a lot better!

Cheers, Jon

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
It is large on my small wrists, but not as large as I initially thought that it would be.

One of my co-workers shares your preference in that he wants a stand-alone watchphone. If the Gear had had standalone functionality, I probably would have tried it because I like tech gadgets that much. But now that I have a watch that works as a Bluetooth accessory, I have a preference for this method of connectivity.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
What amazes me is that the people who claim to have no interest in the GG, would never wear one, refuse to buy one, and don't see any need for one, are usually the ones who read every GG article, and post the most negative comments.

I suppose that makes people feel good about themselves.

Sent from my SM-N900P using AC Forums mobile app

Gearu

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
A smartwatch needs more audio based control, and it needs to be better than 'high quality'. The ball is in Apple's court now and they have a big advantage in seeing where everyone else has gone wrong.
A camera on a watch is an unnecessary cost increase and feature, and given that Apple has never really given cameras much attention they will probably not bother with one, which is a wise move.

rgriffin25

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I've had mine for over two weeks. It's very nice for checking notifications and reading messages without getting phone out of my pocket. Is it perfect? No but I do expect some improvements via software updates. However even as it stands I find it to be quite useful. I usually get 2 days use out of it. I don't find charging it to be any more cumbersome than charging my phone. I've said this before, for what it does I don't think $300 is too unreasonable. I've even had several people compliment me on its appearance. So it can't be all that bad..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

rgriffin25

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Oh, I do have a wish list as such. I would like it to be sweat proof. I don't want to be afraid to wear it to the gym. It would be nice to have a navigation app of some sort. A Google map companion of some sort. Like an arrow with distance i.e. turn by turn directions. It would also be cool to be able to control the camera on the watch with my phone. So for the most part those wishes can be fixed with software.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Oh, I do have a wish list as such. I would like it to be sweat proof. I don't want to be afraid to wear it to the gym. It would be nice to have a navigation app of some sort. A Google map companion of some sort. Like an arrow with distance i.e. turn by turn directions. It would also be cool to be able to control the camera on the watch with my phone. So for the most part those wishes can be fixed with software.

From a hardware standpoint I wish the GG had the option to plug up a pair of headphones. A few times I have been out and about and wished it would accommodate headphones.

Sent from my SM-P600 using AC Forums mobile app

AldousSnow

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Is it not sweat proof? I've worn mind to the gym several times.

sux2bu

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
From a hardware standpoint I wish the GG had the option to plug up a pair of headphones. A few times I have been out and about and wished it would accommodate headphones.

I would think that having a headphone wire hanging off your watch would get annoying.

rgriffin25

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
The camera lens had condensation on it a day or so after I got it. After an hour or so it cleared up. My conclusion was sweat. Perhaps I'll give it a shot again..

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
The camera lens had condensation on it a day or so after I got it. After an hour or so it cleared up. My conclusion was sweat. Perhaps I'll give it a shot again..

Did you remove the thin plastic film covering the lens? I didn't realize it was there until almost a week after taking pictures. :confused:

rgriffin25

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Nah it was definitely condensation. I noticed it while at dinner. Took it off when I got home and before bed I checked it and it was gone. It hasn't happened since.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Wow, such hostility about an inanimate object. Why are you telling other adults what they should do? If I want to buy a $700 phone and a $300 accesory to use with it, why do you even care? I didn't use your money to buy these things with.

Posted via Android Central App

This ^^^
:thumbup::cool:

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!

SSG_Gunz

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site

I've worn mine to the gym ever since I bought it and it works fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2