Looking for a widget that shows the tasks in my calendar?

doctorttt

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Can someone please give me some suggestions? I looked through play store, and I couldn't find anything. I'm looking for a widget that will show the tasks in my calendar. The widgets that I found on play store only show calendar items but not tasks.

doctorttt

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I tried it and wasted $2. The widgets of all those calendar apps out there can't show the tasks from the stock calendar. Why? Those widgets are trying to put the tasks from other online calendar services.

ccpopham

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I like aCalendar and its free. The widget can be resized to take up the whole screen. I prefer the current month view. It looks nice.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I use Jorge, it's free and has exactly what you are looking for, because I needed the same thing. It has about 20+ sizes of widget and very customizable. You can sync it with other calendars as well.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, tapatalk won't let me edit the above since its update, grrr. It's Jorte, not Jorge. Ugh.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3

doctorttt

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Business Calendar is another disappointment. It just doesn't show the tasks in my STOCK calendar. So far, I've tried about like 10 calendar apps, and none of them got what I wanted. I even paid for that Jorte, and it didn't work as well. What did I do wrong??? All I did was going to the stock calendar and creating a task - that's it. None of those widgets couldn't display those tasks on the home screen. I already made sure that the widget was set to "My Calendar" which is the stock one, and those widgets had no problem displaying calendar events, oddly.

I'm not going to try the GO Launcher one. I just don't like the Go Launcher app in general because of its GUI interface.

john248

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm not going to try the GO Launcher one. I just don't like the Go Launcher app in general because of its GUI interface.

Yea, I'm on Nova launcher, so GO Calendar isn't an option for me. But for others who happen to come across this thread, it is a calendar widget. On the calendar, it marks which dates have tasks in them. You can press a button on the widget which switches the calendar view to the task list view.

I've started a thread to find a calendar widget that does something similar but didn't get a response. I ended up using aCalendar, but it's just another calendar widget like much of what's been suggested. The only difference is I can hover my S-pen over a date and see what tasks are in there, but this option is only available when you open the app, not on the widget.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I use Google calendar and for the widget I use Wizz Widget.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Tysonsaurus

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Mine gives the weather and tasks when you drag down from the time on the lock screen...stock note 3 on Verizon.

Posted via Android Central App

charlestheoaf

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
GTasks has a good widget. You can set the app to display calendar events. Then, set widget to display "all", which will show tasks and upcoming calendar events sorted by date. After that, all un-dated tasks will be listed.

I tend to use GTI for tasks because I prefer the app, but it won't display calendar events like Gtasks. However, it DOES come with an extra (kind of odd) option to "Sync with Calendar". This actually doesn't sync your real task data, or bring calendar information into the app. This option creates an all-day calendar event for any task which you assign a date to. It's nice, because then these dated task events will show up in any calendar widget or app.

But there is something awkward about this "Sync to Calendar" option ? if you use the google calendar website to also display tasks, you will end up with duplicated dated tasks (google calendar can natively display your tasks on the calendar, and on top of this, GTI creates the second all-day event).

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Unless I'm misunderstanding the original question and intent, the stock Calendar's "Mini today" widget does this. I can see Task and Calendar events in the widget. This is just a day view for what the stock Samsung Calendar provides. Tasks and Calendar events also show up in the Calendar.