Chrome vs Stock Browser in Note 3?

doctorttt

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I have been testing both since the first day I purchased Note 3, and I don't see any difference between both. Can you please share your experience? I want to make a decision and set a default browser asap.

recaro76

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Actually both are good not much difference, i still prefer chrome all my bookmarks will be there for me when i login.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

pathfinder3

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I too prefer Chrome. I like how I can see what's sync'd on my other devices that's also running Chrome.

Sent from my VZW Samsung Note 3

eleeezy

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Chrome is more polished. One thing I hate about stock browser is when you double tap to zoom in on text, the text amount isn't rendered to fit the screen

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

olues

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Chrome all the way. Why?
- Better rendering than stock.
- More refined UI coupled with better gestures.
- Reliable sync across multiple devices.
- Tab switching is way better than the crap on stock.

Sent from my SM-N900 using the S-Pen

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
always used stock but not use chrome..far smoother and on the stock it can lag abit not on chrome. plus being able to sync the bookmarks on other devices is huge.

sux2bu

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I just switched to Chrome from stock browser. The only thing I don't like is getting to the bookmarks. Does anyone know of a fast way to bring up your bookmarks? I don't like having to hit menu then bookmarks. I like how there is a bookmark button next to the address bar on the stock browser.

olues

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I just switched to Chrome from stock browser. The only thing I don't like is getting to the bookmarks. Does anyone know of a fast way to bring up your bookmarks? I don't like having to hit menu then bookmarks. I like how there is a bookmark button next to the address bar on the stock browser.

Click the star on the navigation panel at the bottom.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

sal the wop

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm with majority and say Chrome.

And there's not a huge difference. IMO.

Unless your use smart scroll a lot on browser, I'd pick chrome.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

sux2bu

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Click the star on the navigation panel at the bottom.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk
You still have to hit the tabs button first then the star button. I wish there was a one button way to get there like the stock browser.

Make sure you also try Dolphin, which is widely considered the best mobile web browser on both Android and iOS platforms.
I would love to try Dolphin, but I can't find a way to import my bookmarks and don't really want to enter them one by one.

Spacemaker24

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Chrome. Bookmark sync from PC and the being able to drag down from the top to switch or swipe away pages is very nice.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk 4 Pro

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I just started using the Chrome browser again. There is really nothing wrong with the Samsung browser. But I do believe that the Chrome browser is a little smoother since the last update.

Scribbled on my Note 3.

jakedsnake

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site

Yeah this is what I hate about Chrome. There's at least 3-4 steps you need to do to access a list of your bookmarks. In Dolphin all you need to do is swipe right and your bookmarks are there. Dolphin is great for bookmarks but its quite unstable.

Sent from my SM-N900K using Tapatalk

wickets

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
stock is useless because you cannot sync with google ( jk shin being a douchbeag as always) and chromes snap to screen has gone missing....all this to say both suck

Father Mike

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I too have been using both the stock browser and chrome. I like chrome a lot and the features that it provides by linking to my whole account. The only reason that I use the stock browser more often is because of the s-pen feature. In the stock browser, the scrapbooking feature works far better and is much more intergrated. You have to be much more exacting in your selection when using Chrome or it will crop only what you circle not the full paragraph or section. It can still be done but take much more precision and time. I found myself having to try it again and again in Chrome because the pen would leave the screen and assume I was done croping what I wanted to scrapbook. When it would load into scrapbooker the section would be little more than a chopped up selection with a link without it wouldn't pulling the text from the selection. Until Chrome is updated to integrate more fluidly with the s-pen features, (if ever) I'll stick with stock.

Sent from the Galaxy Note 3