Occassional phone freeze

olues

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
The phone has the unusual occassional freeze while on the screen. Anyone else experience this?

Sent from my SM-N900 using the S-Pen

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
The phone has the unusual occassional freeze while on the screen. Anyone else experience this?

Do you mean the home screen? If so, this can probably be attributed to several apps/widgets being installed on the home screen. Also, do you happen to have a task manager installed?

olues

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Do you mean the home screen? If so, this can probably be attributed to several apps/widgets being installed on the home screen. Also, do you happen to have a task manager installed?

Yeah, I've got the Advanced Task Killer installed. Does a third party task manager hinder performance?

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Generally speaking task managers are not the best thing on Android. Especially if you have them killing tasks automatically. Lags can be from the phone having to reload something ATK shouldn't of killed.

If you insist on managing them, use the built in task manager.

Personally I haven't found a need to ever manage the apps on the Note 3 yet.

Posted via Android Central App

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I've got the Advanced Task Killer installed. Does a third party task manager hinder performance?

You don't need the task manager. Android has come a long ways and the system is pretty savvy when it comes to closing certain processes to free up memory. Using the built in task manager (long press home) you can see what's open and close whatever you don't need running/open. Delete the task manager and see if there is an improvement to performance.

olues

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Generally speaking task managers are not the best thing on Android. Especially if you have them killing tasks automatically. Lags can be from the phone having to reload something ATK shouldn't of killed.

If you insist on managing them, use the built in task manager.

Personally I haven't found a need to ever manage the apps on the Note 3 yet.

Posted via Android Central App

Well, thanks for sharing your honest opinion. I uninstalled the app last night after remembering the N3's got 3GB of RAM 😌. I reckon it conflicted with stock task manager in some ways.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary