No Mic on Samsung Keyboard?

Charles Carrigan

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
I also had this issue. I tried everything in the above on my GS3 running 4.4.2. I just recently did a hard factory reset and after that the mic was gone. Even after doing everything above, it was still not there. In fact all if the things listed above didn't show me any problems, all the settings were already correct, but still the mic was missing. I restarted the phone and it still was missing. I don't know what I did differently, but I logged in to make this comment and suddenly it is there again! Very strange. Hopefully it stays after I'm done logging this.

Phillip McLennan

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
what everyone is saying is correct but here is another option if you did what they say and still nothing...

setting: more: application manager: scroll to the right to you see at the top "TURNED OFF" look for "google search" its a blue box with a G in the middle of it.. turn it on and you will have the microphone back on....

- - - Updated - - -

what everyone is saying is correct but here is another option if you did what they say and still nothing...

setting: more: application manager: scroll to the right to you see at the top "TURNED OFF" look for "google search" its a blue box with a G in the middle of it.. turn it on and you will have the microphone back on....

Or, it might say "samsung apps turned off"

Last edited:

lharvill

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
I had a mic for a few months and then it went away some how. I don't have Google Voice Typing as an option to check in my settings. What now???

Dixie Darlene

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site

- - - Updated - - -

Or, it might say "samsung apps turned off"

Thank you for the fix!

Last edited by a moderator:

kiki1969

May 10, 2015
Visit site
I have a Note 3 and my mic disappeared a few months ago.
I tried all of the suggestions and none worked or the options mentioned were not available.

Just picking everything under Language and Input I finally figured it out. So if you are like me and all the things already mentioned, try this:

Settings
Controls
Language and Input

Under Keyboards and input methods there is an option listed as
Default.
Select Default and the next screen comes up as Select Keyboard. My phone only has two options listed. Samsung Keyboard and Swype. Right under selections there is an option to ADD KEYBOARDS.

Select ADD KEYBOARDS
This is where I selected "Google Voice Typing". Checkmark it. Then check for your microphone. It should be there.

The Google Voice Typing will never show as and Option under Keyboards and Input Methods, but it definitely brings back your microphone.

Corbryant

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
I just went from an SD Active to a Note II because, car door. After going over all of these directions nothing worked. Figured out that you have to select the Samsung Keyboard as the default in addition to all of the above. This may only apply to the Note II. Seems like it's just replacing the mic with the text recognition panel icon for the stylus until Samsung is the default.

Settings/Language and Input/Keyboard and Input methods/Default.

BrandyAnCoffeeMarks

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I have galaxy s3 and there use to be a microphone next to keyboard but it is not there now. I've tried the Language Input and everything else in Settings and nothing gives me the "Voice type" or whatever it's called. What. Do I have to do a factory reset just to get the darn thing back!

Denise H

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
For a T-mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 4...
go to:
settings...
application manager...
scan over to running...
samsung keyboard...settings...
check google voice typing...
it should be there.
I hope this fixes it. None of the options posted here helped me and I'm not even sure how I stumbled on to this fix. Let me know if it worked for you. :)

Tina Matthews

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site

Setting: More: Application manager: Scroll to the right to you see at the top "turned off" look for "google search" its a blue box with a g in the middle of it.. Turn it on and you will have the microphone back on....

- - - updated - - -

Setting: More: Application manager: Scroll to the right to you see at the top "turned off" look for "google search" its a blue box with a g in the middle of it.. Turn it on and you will have the microphone back on....

thank you so much! Finally! !

Phil pring

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
I like the stock Samsung keyboard. It has no mic on it. After searching I cannot find a solution to make it appear. Does anyone know if this possible? I like the fact that the numbers are on an independant line and have not seen another keyboard that does it. I have tried perfect keyboard, swype, google, and swiftkey and still go back to the stock samsung keyboard. Any solutions or suggestions?

New to this stuff. Please overlook my mistakes. My Note 5 did a marshmallow 6 update & the microphone icon was replaced by a gear setting icon. Simply press & hold the gear icon & then it will give you the choice to replace it with the microphone icon. Happy texting!

Last edited by a moderator:

DebraSandler

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
OMG Thank you! Ever since the system update a couple of weeks ago I could not find that mic icon. I was seeing the emoji icon only. Holding it down brought up the mic option. What a relief.

Miss Angie1

May 13, 2016
Visit site
I had a similar problem until I realized that long pressing the key to the left of the space bar will give me the option to assign the microphone to this key..
Thanks Andy, I couldn't figur out my mic problem either, everyone kept giving the same answers until I came across your post! Had no idea that long pressing would solve my problem!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta