Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - NFC compatible battery?

GtoJon

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Will a battery without the NFC chip allow you to turn it on? If so, how do you test to see if a battery does have it?

I just got a couple of Caseology batteries & the option to turn on NFC does work, but I have no idea if that means it does have an NFC chip. Nothing on the battery says NFC, but I was told the chip is there.

I did do a search & nothing tells me anything in this regard :( Thanks for any information you can give me :)

Cheers, Jon

mrwallyy

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Do you happen to have a Gear? If you do, you can re set it up and it's gonna ask you to scan the cradle with the phone's NFC.

Posted via Android Central App

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Do you happen to have a Gear? If you do, you can re set it up and it's gonna ask you to scan the cradle with the phone's NFC.

Posted via Android Central App

And if you hear the click, that means it will do it?

I have the Note 3, Gear, and those Caseology replacement batteries. I was under the impression that they don't have the NFC antenna. I mean, how much could I expect for $17. I got 2 x 3200 batteries + charger, that work perfectly with the Note 3.. I was not looking for them to have the NFC capability. If they do, another feather in the cap of these batteries.. :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar