I am using Google play store to download music but not showing up on my device when attempting to play. Using double twist and native samsung player. Neither one shows songs once purchased. Please advise

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    10-28-2013 03:38 PM
    Until you load it on your phone's or external card hard memory, it will only show up in Google play music app. Hope that helps. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Palm Treo line > Blackberry line > Samsung Galaxy S line > NOW - the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 ๐Ÿ˜Š
    10-28-2013 03:41 PM
    Gotcha...only issue is not sure how to download to the actual device memory to show up in the native player or twist. I see it on Google play but no option found to download to device. I clicked on thumb tack but still not on phone

10-28-2013 03:48 PM
    Are you seeing it in Google Play (the app store) or in the Google music player? If just Google Play, then that means Google is showing it on the cloud. You have to download it or pull it from the original source that you first downloaded the song. I know Amazon will let you do multiple downloads from time to time, but not sure what Google's policy is on downloading to a 2nd device, even if it's a replacement device. I've lost many legally purchased to the very inhibitive music industry's anti-pirating techniques.
    10-28-2013 04:27 PM
    I think seeing it in both.

10-28-2013 04:41 PM
    I think seeing it in both.

Are you purchasing songs or using paid full access plan?

ATT N3
    10-28-2013 05:30 PM
    If you are buying the music and want it to be played in another player then you have to download it onto your computer through the play music manager. Once you've downloaded it you can load it onto your SD card. It won't show up in any other music player if you don't because Google stores the music in parts and they are only playable through the play music app.

10-28-2013 06:23 PM
    If you are buying the music and want it to be played in another player then you have to download it onto your computer through the play music manager. Once you've downloaded it you can load it onto your SD card. It won't show up in any other music player if you don't because Google stores the music in parts and they are only playable through the play music app.

Thanks for the info...not sure I like that coming over from iTunes and seem less downloads. Why is everything with android always several steps more to get to what itunes does easily dang it. Love my phone but not things like that

10-28-2013 06:57 PM
    Thanks for the info...not sure I like that coming over from iTunes and seem less downloads. Why is everything with android always several steps more to get to what itunes does easily dang it. Love my phone but not things like that

The Amazon music player isn't too bad, but you have to be logged into Amazon IIRC in order to play the music. What used to bug me about iTunes is when moving music from one device to another device that wasn't compatible with iTunes.

The best way to deal with Music from an Android perspective is to just look for the MP3 online from any source and just download it to your computer. From there, just drag and drop into your Music folder with your phone connected to your computer. The thing to remember is you need the MP3 file intact at one known location (I suggest your PC) and then just move the file to whatever device you want (in the music folder of course).
    10-28-2013 08:15 PM