What I missed going from Razr Maxx to Note 3

Netguysc

May 22, 2012
Visit site
I only missed one thing and that was the ability to use Smartactions to lower the volume when the phone was being charged.
I know tasker was a solution but I just couldn't figure it out. I discovered automateit in the google store and now I'm not missing my Razr Maxx at all.
I did think the battery life was much lower than the Maxx at first but after using the Note for a week or so the battery has acclimated I guess for now it seems to be equal to what I had on the Maxx, so I have no disappoints with my Note 3 😊

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

sux2bu

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I had a RAZR for about a month. Smart Actions is definitly a very cool app. I tried taking off my RAZR and putting it on my S3 but it didn't work. I'll give that Automateit a look.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Only thing I'm really missing is the longer battery life.

If I'm not mistaken the battery in the Maxx is only 100 mAh bigger... That isn't going to give any drastic increase in battery.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Tasker has a steep learning curve but once you know how to use it, it is very powerful.

As to battery life, my note 2 and Note 3 gets better battery life than my Droid razr maxx though it could depend on your usage

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
If I'm not mistaken the battery in the Maxx is only 100 mAh bigger... That isn't going to give any drastic increase in battery.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

It is not just about battery size, the cpu in the Droid razr maxx is very inefficient compared to the note 3. It was built on a 45 nm chip. Moving to the 28nm chip in the s3 onwards greatly helped battery life.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting longer battery life on the note compared to the RAZR Maxx. Smart actions didn't always work for me but it was a nice idea.

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

ccpopham

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
My razr maxx bricked about two weeks ago. Not dropped or anything. Ir just bricked. Smart actions worked some of the time but was not that great. I found an nfc app named trigger on the play store. The pro version has something called fences where when you enter or exit an area you choose events to happen. The fences can cover larger or smaller areas. Pretty great app.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

ccpopham

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I am so much happier with my note 3 now. My razr was very slow even after resets etc.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

MeridianSun

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I don't miss my RAZR Maxx at all. I gave it to my son to play games on and when he has trouble and brings it to me I like wow I was using this thing?

Sent from my Note 3