4G Always On

MiXoLoGiSt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
This just started happening tonight to me. My 4G is staying on even while on my Wi-Fi network. My Wi-Fi network is strong and I haven't had the Wi-Fi problems that others have so I don't think that's it. If I turn off mobile data it goes away but if I turn it back on that 4G logo comes right back up. If this keeps happening i will be selling this phone on Craigslist and going back to my iPhone 5.

I love the Note 3 but I am not wanting to keep having to remember to turn mobile data on and off every time I leave the house or come home.

ysyja9a5.jpg

MiXoLoGiSt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Ok so it seems the root of the problem was that stupid Caller ID app that Verizon includes on the phone. I went and cleared data, force closed and then turned off that app and the 4G icon went away. I wish I could uninstall that stupid app.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah that's Verizon's fault.. Not the phone :p.

Most of those dumb caller ID apps want to use the mobile network versus the wifi.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Weird didn't have that problem with the caller ID app

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

MiXoLoGiSt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
It's funny how the iphone users are quick to blame the phone for anything that goes wrong.

I'm quick to blame the phone when it could be a phone issue. This is not my first Android rodeo.

I have owned:
Droid
Droid incredible
IPhone 4
IPhone 4s
Galaxy S3
IPhone 5
Note 2

And now my Note 3. Oh and I was also a moderator at quite a few android forums.

I think it's funny how android users automatically think because someone mentions iPhone they are an iPhone fanboy and know nothing about Android.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech