Hi has anyone else had issues removing sim card? The slot has no spring lock so you have to push hard on it to slide out. Result = I've scratched and damaged sim and it's stopped working.
    Poor design fault imo

Sent from my SM-N9005 using AC Forums mobile app
    10-31-2013 02:39 AM
    I did not damage mine, but what a pain to get out. Samsung must not have wanted to spend the extra penny to put that spring release in there for us. I am going to get a sim card from Verizon for the time it does get damaged, I will have one on hand as I think you wont be the only one with this issue.
    10-31-2013 06:08 AM
    It looks like they are saving space, that's my take on this. On the S4, they had separate slots. On the Note 3, they piggyback them. That was a space saver, more room for something else. Most likely, the spring would have blown the design.. Also, we are not in there snatching out sims or sd cards 3 and 4 times a day. In fact, this is a very SELDOM move. IMO, the designers figured that too and went with this.. I put my sim in, my 64gb sd card, and I am finish with that slot. It will be a rare thing for me to have to go in there in the next 6 months..

IMO, if it is a problem getting the card or you damaged one, the next one, I will be at my carrier's place and have them do it.. Once it is in, forget it.. Just my take.
    10-31-2013 06:23 AM
    Some people switch phones here and there, such as if your going somewhere that could create a bad environment for phone, switch to a cheaper phone and leave good one home where it's safe. Whatever the reason is, people change phones and this design on the note 3 is terrible, space saver or not, Samsung dropped the ball on this design. That's my take on it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    floridarick likes this.
    10-31-2013 07:12 AM
    Yep for some people it won't be an issue as they don't swap sims. I have to use multiple phones as work use an iOS app and i don't want two numbers. Just one of those things , I've ordered a nexus 5 and that will have a spring lock I think

Sent from my GT-I9505G using AC Forums mobile app
    11-01-2013 03:25 AM
    A friend of mine had this exact problem! Was transferring the sim from one phone to another and the chip got badly scratched. Its a real problem if you having to switch your sim between multiple devices..
    11-01-2013 03:40 AM
    Posted via Android Central App
    11-01-2013 04:17 AM
    My SIM card melted right in the slot and is now fused right in there.
    11-01-2013 05:15 AM