Note 3 to Nexus 5???

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
No. I'll keep my Note 3 with its removable battery and SD card. Although, I still have the Note 2, Gnex and NS4G. I kinda get attached to my phones. :p. At some point I'll pick up the N4 on eBay and eventually the N5, just to have them for the collection.

The Note 3 is quite sufficient and then some.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Except for the tiny screen and no sd card or removable battery, I am really tempted.

It looks like a nice phone, but why why would anyone go from a gn3 to it?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I ordered two Nexus 5s today, I will use one as a backup phone to my Note 3, and I will flip the other one on eBay. I want to see what all the hype is about.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I ordered two Nexus 5s today, I will use one as a backup phone to my Note 3, and I will flip the other one on eBay. I want to see what all the hype is about.

I felt nowadays hype of Google products is near the level of apple products.

Not necessarily rational.

@T-Mobile GN3

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I felt nowadays hype of Google products is near the level of apple products.

Not necessarily rational.

@T-Mobile GN3

I don't think Google is as bad as apple, and at least the Google products are affordable. $400 for 32GB off contract phone is not a bad deal.

MiXoLoGiSt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I probably would buy a Nexus 5, if Verizon weren't dip$hits.

I just prefer the vanilla android experience, and timely updates. Waiting for Verizon to release an update is like watching a snail travel the world.

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I probably would buy a Nexus 5, if Verizon weren't dip$hits.

I just prefer the vanilla android experience, and timely updates. Waiting for Verizon to release an update is like watching a snail travel the world.

Do you have any idea how stupid this sounds? Samsung only recently released the 4.3 update for the Galaxy Note 2, and Verizon is going to release it about 8 days after the other carriers towards the end of November. How do you think Verizon was supposed to release the upgrade before Samsung was done with their end? Is an extra week over the other carriers really something worth whining and moaning about?

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
History has shown all of the carriers take to long. Maybe Samsung finally has enough pull to get its phone updates pushed faster. To often the carriers have slowed updates down way to much.

Posted via Android Central App on my Note 3

MiXoLoGiSt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Do you have any idea how stupid this sounds? Samsung only recently released the 4.3 update for the Galaxy Note 2, and Verizon is going to release it about 8 days after the other carriers towards the end of November. How do you think Verizon was supposed to release the upgrade before Samsung was done with their end? Is an extra week over the other carriers really something worth whining and moaning about?

My point in Nexus vs Others is that the update has to be released by Google, then go through Samsung, then go to Verizon and Verizon approves it after adding more of their bloatware and removing what they don't want to allow you to have because they want you to pay for their version. You are talking about a long time for it to pass through Samsung and Verizon before the end user gets it.

I bet you anything it will be 6-10 months after Kit Kat's release before we see it on our Note 3s. Nexus devices get updates straight from Google on release date of the new software, and that's what I was saying I like Nexus devices for is that quick, unbloated update. No middle men involved, no BS.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
My point in Nexus vs Others is that the update has to be released by Google, then go through Samsung, then go to Verizon and Verizon approves it after adding more of their bloatware and removing what they don't want to allow you to have because they want you to pay for their version. You are talking about a long time for it to pass through Samsung and Verizon before the end user gets it.

I bet you anything it will be 6-10 months after Kit Kat's release before we see it on our Note 3s. Nexus devices get updates straight from Google on release date of the new software, and that's what I was saying I like Nexus devices for is that quick, unbloated update. No middle men involved, no BS.

Two points:

1) That's very different from blaming Verizon for slow updates. While the process may be slow, Verizon is no slower (or barely slower) then the other carriers.

2) Going for Nexus for that quick unbloated update is great, if the Nexus provides everything you want. Some of what you call bloat, I call must have. But, if you are happy with 32GB of storage, if you don't want a micro SD slot or a large screen or a replaceable batter or the stylus then go with the Nexus. Google makes a fair number of software and hardware decisions that will keep me from ever buying a Nexus. I love the MicroSD slot on the Samsung devices. Google took out support for it from stock Android a few versions ago. Samsung put it back, and they keep putting it back for each version. Google didn't and doesn't see the need for a giant screened device. If you don't want one either, then get a Nexus.

But, if you want any of the non-standard add-ons that Samsung provides, then you are going to have to wait longer. If you want to use your phone on Verizon, then you are going to have to wait for Verizon to bloat it up. Everything is a trade off. I think the tradeoff is worth it. If you don't, then get a Nexus.

MiXoLoGiSt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Verizon usually takes much longer than other carriers based on past experiences. It took a long time for Verizon users to get Jelly Bean on the Galaxy S3.
I wasn't saying the Note 3 isn't a great phone and yes it has some features I like that you can't get on vanilla android, I was just stating if I could get the Nexus 5 on Verizon then I would.

Even if I could buy a Nexus 5 on Verizon, I still might not get rid of the note 3. The Nexus is a great device for the price (especially off contract).

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
How many people are going from Note 3 to Nexus 5 and why???

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

It does look like an awesome device and I have always had a fondness for Nexus devices. I have had every one with the exception of the very first. But I will definitely pass this time. The Note 3 is a better smartphone. I'm not going to make the same mistake I did last year.

Scribbled on my Note 3.