Screen Lock - Can't get back to swipe

WillYammer

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Most of the time, my phone is with me - in my pocket or at my work area, so I don't need to use a pin or combination. I put in a pin for when it was needed (FoxFi) but now I can't get it back to swipe - the "Swipe" section is grayed out in the "Select screen lock" section and it says "Turned off by administrator, encryption policy, or credential storage."
Any idea what I need to do to get swipe access back?

putsometrebleinit

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like Knox acting up. Have you tried disabling it as device administrator. Go to settings>general>security>device administrators and Uncheck Knox

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

skymann

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
THE SOLUTION can be found at App Brain

Quotith I: "*Some Jelly Bean phones has locked-down the WiFi hotspot feature, because of that FoxFi will ask you to install a user certificate on those phones. The side effect is that Android system will require you to set a screen lock (and only allows Pattern, PIN or Password) when any security settings is changed. There is indeed a way to remove the lock screen while keeping the certificate: set a pattern lock and try to unlock the phone with a "bad pattern" for 5-10 times, it will show you an error message, now select "Forgot Pattern?" and enter your gmail/password. After these steps the screen lock will be removed without removing the certificate."

The error message shows up as text at bottom center. You have to be quick entering your email and password or it times out.

Thanks to 41604_112744502111836_1545280151_q.jpg

Eric Korb

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Most of the time, my phone is with me - in my pocket or at my work area, so I don't need to use a pin or combination. I put in a pin for when it was needed (FoxFi) but now I can't get it back to swipe - the "Swipe" section is grayed out in the "Select screen lock" section and it says "Turned off by administrator, encryption policy, or credential storage."
Any idea what I need to do to get swipe access back?

This is exactly what happened to me with FoxFi. This solution fixed it. Thanks.

Wahab Butt

May 14, 2014
Visit site
thnkx the problem is totally completely and easily solved by just going into settings/security/and just clicking on /"clear all credentials" and your problem will be solved hounestly im telling the truth

Jeslinne Tingting

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
opps...i already can use swipe screen lock, but when i go back to settings for lock screen, the tab for Swipe still in grey. is that mean i couldn't set to others lock screen method or else it will appear the same problem?

theShiz

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Solution is here: Settings>Security> "Clear All Credentials"

Can't remove lock screen on my S3 w/4.3

Thanks so much. Just upgraded to lollipop on Nex10, was just trying out the security with lock screen notifications and then wanted to just go back to swipe and it was greyed out, (PANIC!!) tapped on help but that didn't do squat, but your simple instructions worked perfect! Not sure why the Google brains put in this extra step. Much simpler before :-\

theShiz

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
thnkx the problem is totally completely and easily solved by just going into settings/security/and just clicking on /"clear all credentials" and your problem will be solved hounestly im telling the truth

Not sure why no one is using this super simple solution (it seems.) Earlier another user posted this solution as well that I thanked, and it does work. In lollipop on Nex 10 I couldn't go back to swipe or none, but this does work! Even though I already fixed my issue because of the earlier solution, just wanted to say thanks anyway. Maybe this solution is just too simple to follow because most of the replies are to the very complicated ways to do it. Weird..... But not as weird as Google making it a bit more complicated to do. I forsee a lot of uninformed carrier personel telling customers to reset their carrier branded devices that get 5.0 in the coming months (years), to bring back "none or swipe", then they probably won't use security anymore. Again, not sure why Google did this.

Last edited by a moderator:

FreezeFi

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
You were soooo right. I was hesitant as I didn't know what clearing "all" the credentials would do but I went for it and immediately after all my lockscreen options were not greyed out anymore. Suck's for VZ users though because my buddy's N3 from VZ is greyed out on that option. Big Thanks!

chandanp

May 3, 2014
Visit site
[Solved]None of the below suggestions of clearing credentials, unchecking device administrator, password security helped me to get back all the security options. However, recently I found out a alternative for solving this problem and get to use all the security options. First install (Firefly Locker) app from Play Store. Then while you launch this app, you get the options to customize the way you want the locker to perform, in this app you'll find the option to (Disable System Screen Lock), I was able to get all the options none of them greyed out and I was able to set a Pattern security on my phone successfully. Now since you do not want this (Firefly Locker) on your phone, you have another option (Enable Screen Lock) while you launch the app, simply untick it and your phone will have the security option you selected and without the locker screen.

Samsung Note3 N900.

Adrian Chairez

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
Thanks Looks like this "Clear All Credentials" worked. I was in the correct area but didn't scroll far down enough to see that option... LOL!!! Thanks again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463