The case thread is fabulous, but it focuses more on those who are looking for a slimmer option, I think.
    A klutz like me needs all the padding in the world

Otterbox is experiencing a delay. Is UAG the only bulky option now?
    11-01-2013 07:16 AM
    11-01-2013 07:22 AM
    Spigen slim armor adds a bit of bulk. Probably not as much as some others though

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    11-01-2013 01:33 PM
    I really do wonder what the hold up is with Otterbox's Defender. It doesn't normally take them so long to out a case.
    11-01-2013 02:22 PM
    You can always go with a slim case inside of a leather pouch like I did. http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ml#post3167311
    11-01-2013 02:47 PM
    You can always go with a slim case inside of a leather pouch like I did. http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ml#post3167311
    Yeahp, that's my solution. Allows for the ultra cool Spigen Neo Hybrid.
    11-01-2013 02:53 PM
    Yeahp, that's my solution. Allows for the ultra cool Spigen Neo Hybrid.

It also gives it a certain elegance that those thick bulky darth-vadery cases can't compete with. Ebay has just about every variation. Galaxy Note 3 leather case | eBay

Some of the more outlandish styles I saw on there....

Bulky/Fat/Thick case options-t2ec16dhjhyffkwf-3gmbscsfdvp-g-60_12.jpg

Bulky/Fat/Thick case options-kgrhqeokpwfjefugjdobsrdp5dur-60_3.jpg
    11-01-2013 03:40 PM
    Honestly, I would just wait for the Otter Box. I have the Spigen Slim Armour, but there is no way it will compete with how well my Otter Box Defender series held it. Even my commuter series on my old iPhone protected the phone as it got run over 3 times. The case was trash, but the phone was fine. Not sure this phone would survive that, no matter the case.
    11-01-2013 03:48 PM
    I've got this one... so far the only real complaint... and minor one at that mostly.. is the rubber around the USB charging port... the largest hole on the edge of the case... is a bit weak. When the phone is mounted in this case, this is the one area where the rubber edge moves the most near the screen. Yeah, it may not be a big thing for some, I tend to like a rubber case to tight fit around the entire screen. This case seems to fail in that one area.

Unlike the Otter box (I have one for my GN2) there's no inner supporting plastic box around the screen edges, I think that's what makes this case a lesser design. But again, this may nor may not bother folks. Now another similar case I have, like this one (soft rubber inner case with a plastic outer surround), that case's plastic over lay covers near the USB port- so indeed those kind of cases do exist. I would tend to recommend you find that type of design.

~ScottGeek
    11-01-2013 04:02 PM
    Honestly, I would just wait for the Otter Box. I have the Spigen Slim Armour, but there is no way it will compete with how well my Otter Box Defender series held it. Even my commuter series on my old iPhone protected the phone as it got run over 3 times. The case was trash, but the phone was fine. Not sure this phone would survive that, no matter the case.

I had an Otterbox on my Rezound and boy did it add a lot of bulk to that phone. Also, the rubber was a dust magnet, which was kind of annoying. I wound up taking that thing off and just using a leather pouch. Now if your job warrants something like the Otterbox, then I would suggest it, although I would probably also suggest not getting such a big phone as the Note.
    11-01-2013 04:39 PM
    I guess I'm just used to the Note 3. When people comment here that its big I just look at my Note 3 and think "It's not big, it's normal sized. ...and everything else is puny."
    11-01-2013 05:11 PM
    Hi. I'm thinking of getting a flip stand case off of ebay. The ones with spots for cards or money in them add even more bulk. The 3 options I'm thinking off all come in either different colors or patterns. I'll post the ebay links. The 3rd one is girly with bling on them & comes in many different styles.

Luxury Flip Wallet Stand Leather Case Cover FOR Samsung Galaxy Note 3 III N9000 | eBay

5 Colors PU Folio Flip Stand Case Cover Skin FOR Samsung Galaxy Note 3 III N9000 | eBay

Shiny Bling Diamond Flip Wallet PU Leather Stand Case Cover FOR Galaxy Note 3 | eBay
    11-01-2013 07:03 PM
    Hi. I don't have a case on mine right now since Winnipeg hasn't received any yet, but I'm thinking of buying one or 2 of the following cases off of ebay. The 1st link is to a bling case, but I haven't decided which one I want yet. The other 2 come in a few different colors.

Shiny Bling Diamond Flip Wallet PU Leather Stand Case Cover FOR Galaxy Note 3 | eBay

Luxury Flip Wallet Stand Leather Case Cover FOR Samsung Galaxy Note 3 III N9000 | eBay

5 Colors PU Folio Flip Stand Case Cover Skin FOR Samsung Galaxy Note 3 III N9000 | eBay
    11-01-2013 07:25 PM
    Out of all those, the 1st link seems like the most "normal". The other 2, the 2nd one is too bright and the 3rd one looks too gaudy. But, I'm sure a woman's taste is going to be different than a man's.
    11-01-2013 11:12 PM
    How about the Seidio Active. Double layer and a holster if you need it. I had one for my GS4 and it worked well. I have the Seidio Surface with my Note 3 because I like the slimmer design with the larger phone.

Posted via Android Central App
    11-02-2013 12:02 AM