Verizon Note 3 Root without wiping?

mcat66

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Is there a chance that there will be an update to the current Verizon Root process that will prevent the device from being wiped...having everything deleted? I am new to Android and don't know if the rooting process changes/improves as developers learn new methods. I know this is the case with iPhone jailbreaks...if there is a tethered version, chances are that an untethered version will be developed soon. I don't know if I should wait for a new method or just pull the trigger now and delete everything from my Note 3.

Thanks for any information on this.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Hm... So you want to root? But what are you worried about? Not fully getting what you're saying... I get the tethered vs untethered jailbreak for iPhone but... Rooting doesn't do this. Once your phone is rooted you pretty "untethered" and rooted.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

mcat66

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I don't want to have to delete all of my apps and adjust my settings. I have a journal app that would take about 2 days to fully back up on the note. That's my biggest concern.

TheMaskedMamba

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Right now the current root method available requires the the phone be wiped. As of now there is no way around it.

Sent From "The Beast"

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Right now the current root method available requires the the phone be wiped. As of now there is no way around it.

Sent From "The Beast"

Ah okay that makes sense. That sucks... Must be a Verizon thing. The T-Mobile one just let me root and be on my way.

One of the guys at XDA will probably fix it soon :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

putsometrebleinit

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Not at the moment. The locked bootloader is the main reason. There is also a ton of other security on these things that have to get worked around involving the locked bootloader, signing, Knox, etc etc. It does appear that there is a safestrap method of installing roms being developed for the Verizon N3 though that limits the roms you can use

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy