Best photo/video hiding app that can handle bulk file transfer from PC

runamuck0870

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Not gonna lie, want to hide stuff that kids shouldn't see on my Note 3.

There's plenty of stuff out there that will let me easily hide pics already in my phone's gallery, but I want an app that will let me transfer picture, video and document files in bulk straight to a hidden apps' directory.

I can do this easily on an iOS device using apps like Stash Pro, etc. But I've not yet been able to find something that will let me skip the whole "put it in your phone's Gallery first."

Where's my drag-and-drop goodness on Android everyone raves about? Suggestions please?

runamuck0870

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
So I'm guessing the answer to this question is "None of the apps for Android can do this?"

I'm really surprised to find that an iOS app, with iOS's absolute horrid file transfer capabilities, can do something that an equivalent Android app cannot do.

All I want to do is transfer a folder of 50 pictures from my PC to my Android SD card, but do it without having to manually transfer everything over to the Gallery app, select all those 50 apps and then choose to hide them manually. Surely I can just drag-and-drop directly to a 'hidden' directory on the SD card that is only visible to the Picture hiding application?

Anyone?

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I use Audio Manger Pro.... it does more or less what you like to do ... but I don't know exactly what you would like to do ...........check it out at google play.... I am very please with it... I used to use Photo Vault and Video Vault before but it didn't meet my requirements until I found Audio Manager. Besides it brings a plug in for your computer.

runamuck0870

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I use Audio Manger Pro.... it does more or less what you like to do ... but I don't know exactly what you would like to do ...........check it out at google play.... I am very please with it... I used to use Photo Vault and Video Vault before but it didn't meet my requirements until I found Audio Manager. Besides it brings a plug in for your computer.

Here's exactly what I want to do:

1) locate a folder full of media content on my Windows PC...for example, say folder called /pics/001.jpg.....050.jpg.
2) Highlight the folder
3) Drag and drop folder to a folder on SD card. For example /sd card/hidden/mystuff. There is now a folder copied over that has the 50 pics in it, so it's all under /sd card/hidden/mystuff/pics/001.jpg....050.jpg.
4) Launch a private media viewer app (Audio Manager Pro?)
5) Point the app to that new folder, click a button that says "hide" or whatever, done.
6) the pics in that folder can only be seen via the private viewer app (Audio Manager Pro?)

Everything I've seen thus far requires me to FIRST add to Gallery, THEN open private viewing app, THEN Mark everything I want to hide, THEN it moves everything to hidden folder for me.

The issue with this is that it is highly laborious, doesn't let me move whole folders at a time, and is limited to the amount of free storage in my core device, not the SD card. So if I have 40 gigs of media to move, can't do it even though I've got a 64gig SD card...I'm limited to the 22 gigs or so I can fit into internal storage.

Can Audio Manager Pro do this? I bought it but it doesn't let me move whole folders the way I've outlined above.

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
In order for you to be able to drag and drop folders and files from your computer to your sd card, you need to put the sd card into the computer's card reader and be able to navigate the file manager in the card. But before you do that you will need to change the location of the hidden folder in the Audio Manager Settings, other wise the pictures will be saved in the phone's memory. Oh, it is called Audio Manager as a disguise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair