Visit site
As I look into my Crystal Ball.
"Crystal Ball, In my home, when is it you think, they'll update our phone?"
Answer: "In the future."

How's that for decisive accuracy?

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
When do you think Kit Kat will arrive on the Note3 ?

I think it will take several months.

Although I will hold off update on that. I need to know more about how pervasive Google has been in embedding its search into the ui. I don't like to give up more of my privacy for one or two gimmick convenience.

@T-Mobile GN3

Vetdoctor

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Well, "never" , is a possible answer. Still, my smart alec reply would be, "as soon as you have a Nexus 5 in your hands".

Tyler Lietz

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I think it will be out within 3 months. A bunch of features of android 4.4 are energy saving for sensors. The benefits are to good for Samsung to ignore. not to mention 4.4 was announced the month of the Galaxy Note 3 launch. But since the note 3 couldn't get released with an unannounced android 4.4, they had to use android 4.3 with touchwiz 4.4 already in development. I'm hoping the touchwiz android 4.4 galaxy note 3 will have a modified audio driver for the loud speaker to lower the high pitches while boosting low pitches. The high pitches are like ear shattering on max volume while lower tones not loud enough. Seems like something the could fix in software like equalizer. The speaker is loud enough just the audio tones are not balanced enough for max volume

Last edited:

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I think it will be out within 3 months. A bunch of features of android 4.4 are energy saving for sensors. Samsung would benefit to much to ignore this. not to mention 4.4 was announced the month of the Galaxy Note 3 launch. But since the note 3 couldn't get released with an unannounced android 4.4, they had to use android 4.3 with touchwiz 4.4 already in development. I'm hoping the touchwiz android 4.4 galaxy note 3 will have a modified audio driver for the loud speaker to lower the high pitches while boosting low pitches. The high pitches are like ear shattering on max volume while lower tones not loud enough. Seems like something the could fix in software like equalizer. The speaker is loud enough just the audio tones are not balanced enough for max volume

Hmmm... So, how would Samsung benefit too much to ignore this? The Note 3 is doing quite well indeed with that archaic 4.3 they released it with.

thymeless

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
The integration of Google now as the default launcher will create some problems for Touchwiz imho. They'll have to do some good tweaking to Touchwiz to make everything work together.

emiinn

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
I think it will take several months.

Although I will hold off update on that. I need to know more about how pervasive Google has been in embedding its search into the ui. I don't like to give up more of my privacy for one or two gimmick convenience.

@T-Mobile GN3

We're on the same level on this one

Posted via Android Central App

power5

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
ATT is very good with pushing out updates to phones that are not an iphone. We all know that. So I am thinking like 2 weeks from now.

Morpheus

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
ATT is very good with pushing out updates to phones that are not an iphone. We all know that. So I am thinking like 2 weeks from now.

I would have to disagree with that. They are usually dead last with us BlackBerry users. I am here gathering intel and looking to maybe updating myself to a Note 3 from a (AT&T) BB Torch 9860.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I would have to disagree with that. They are usually dead last with us BlackBerry users. I am here gathering intel and looking to maybe updating myself to a Note 3 from a (AT&T) BB Torch 9860.
Blackberry user on site, blackberry user on site, call the paramedics. You poor tortured soul.

Just kidding. Happy Sunday!

Yes a Note 3 would be a good prescription...or perhaps some Nexuscillin in the form of a Nexus 5. Here in Android Land "We have such sights to show you."

Welcome to posting in the forums!

KevLar72

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I think the Note3 will see 5.0 ... If not 4.4
It's a high end device with high end specs.
I can remember that the Note2 got a couple updates. It's getting 4.3 soon.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane