08-26-2018 09:50 PM
81 1234
tools
    OP, rooting is your friend. Give it a shot. You might be surprised that you actually like having complete control of what runs on your phone.

Posted via Android Central App
    04-03-2014 02:01 AM
    If u have any third party live wallpaper uninstall them it work for me
    Rickosw likes this.
    04-05-2014 08:19 AM
    It's a tedious thing to do, but I'd make sure your contacts & calendar are backed up, get a list of your apps, then do a factory reset. Re-install your apps, fresh from the play store, a few at a time. If the popups happen again, then you will be able to narrow it down to those that you had most recently added back.

Be aware that it isn't just one app that's causing this either, and when you do find which ones are doing it, make sure to make a note somewhere. Also, if you let someone else play with your phone, make sure they know not to install those apps as well.
    04-06-2014 03:19 AM
    this works really
    boudicca00 likes this.
    04-29-2014 05:12 AM
    Try an app called Air Push Detector....

It maybe able to find the app or apps that are involved.

Sent from my note3 SomeWhere near There...
    05-02-2014 12:23 AM
    I had this issue with multiple ads. I went to settings>backup & reset>factory data reset but then you'd have to reinstall everything unless you have backup turned on
    05-10-2014 07:27 PM
    Try an app called Air Push Detector....

It maybe able to find the app or apps that are involved.

Sent from my note3 SomeWhere near There...
    I used this on my Note 2 long time ago and it worked very well.

Deb from my Note 3
    05-10-2014 08:57 PM
    OP, rooting is your friend. Give it a shot. You might be surprised that you actually like having complete control of what runs on your phone.

You don't need to root to address this issue. There's a much simpler fix; reload. Most people wouldn't know how to root and would end up bricking the phone.
    boudicca00 and anon8380037 like this.
    05-11-2014 12:57 AM
    Hi Guys

I totally feel the pain with these "pop" up...

my bad experience is that , i will be using FIREFOX ( for surfing the net ) and it will have a pop up to a game "BRAVE FRONTIER" - totally LEGIT game (via google play store)

i have done two HARD Reset in the past week ... ....and left with only 16 non-google apps (using nexus 7 ) ... (not hard) to find the "KILLER"

I am 90% sure is MUZEI (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ik.roman.muzei) and 500 FIRE PAPER (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....fivehundredpx)

this what the previous comments were ... LIVE WALL PAPER ... (this Muzei app used to be working fine, till lately, it just become very unstable)

hope it helps ...

cheers!
    05-13-2014 09:56 AM
    hi all

Randomly found this article ...

[Tutorial] How To Remove Spam Ads From Your Android Notification Bar

do give it a go and leave any comments ....
    05-14-2014 06:58 AM
    I don't know if this will help or if its already been suggested but I just now found a setting on my phone that may help.

Settings --> Accounts --> Google --> Ads

Check the box for Opt out of interest-based ads. I wonder now if I should generate a new random ID (the box above the Opt out box, since apparently for whatever time frame advertisers were stalking me ...
    Rickosw likes this.
    05-15-2014 04:43 AM
    I don't know if this will help or if its already been suggested but I just now found a setting on my phone that may help.

Settings --> Accounts --> Google --> Ads

Check the box for Opt out of interest-based ads. I wonder now if I should generate a new random ID (the box above the Opt out box, since apparently for whatever time frame advertisers were stalking me ...
    That won't stop anyone from getting ads or spam at all. That just makes the ads or spam less targeted to your personal online habits.

I always reset my ID when I opt out just in case an app isn't acting properly. Even if you don't they still will not get any new targeted data from Google, but they could still use the info they already have on you if they are not updating the ad preferences correctly.
    05-15-2014 08:41 AM
    Can anyone do me a favor and help me solve this? I am using note 3 right now, i don't know what apps in play store i have downloaded to cause this armor ads and those games apps that keep asking me to download them. The pop up carry on about every 5-10 mins, even when i am on my home screen. I tried many ways, but the problem still can't solve. Please help. This pop up is killing me. Thank you. Appreciated if anyone is able to help.
    Had exactly the same problem on my note 3. In case you've not solved it, download norton from playstore and run the anti-malware tool. Uninstall all the apps it suggests might be responsible. Problem solved! Thank me later. All other ad blocking apps won't work.
    07-21-2014 03:30 PM
    Just remembered one of the apps I used. Have a look at Addons Detector might be spelled with only one D. It's in the Play Store.
    07-22-2014 09:15 AM
    Had exactly the same problem on my note 3. In case you've not solved it, download norton from playstore and run the anti-malware tool. Uninstall all the apps it suggests might be responsible. Problem solved! Thank me later. All other ad blocking apps won't work.
    To whoever that still have / or recent have POP UP adv,

I can tell you that this NORTON MOBILE SECURITY really works

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...security&hl=en

I bought a Multi Device Package (5 devices) and install onto my Nexus 7, and since then no more nightmare ( i also delete the Live Wall Paper Muzei & Firepaper app & did a HARD RESET) and since then ... things return back to normal

The version of Norton Mobile Security that i am using is PRO" and there is a Anti-Malware feature in it called APP ADVISOR...and yes it does scan all your apps....it runs automatically .... so let ie go on AUTO_Drive

Cheers!
    07-30-2014 08:07 AM
    it is Trogan ware
    08-22-2014 10:38 AM
    I always skim reviews on apps. Many times the first 2-3 will have someone warning about ads.

I also use AMC Security and Clean Master. Both have a lot of nice features to help sniff out problems. And they are both free.

08-24-2014 03:19 PM
    How do I permanently remove all pop up ads & games on my Note 4 ?

Warda, have you gotten an answer yet. This I s driving me ....CRAZIEIER LOL
    02-14-2015 02:43 PM
    Warda, have you gotten an answer yet. This I s driving me ....CRAZIEIER LOL
    Use Google to backup your contacts or export them to an SD card. Copy your photos to your laptop/computer whatever or use whatever cloud service you prefer (dropbox.) Hard reset. In the future, read some of the reviews of the apps/games your installing. be especially leary of 'free games' on the PlayStore. For some reason, Google doesn't consider in-your-face ads as malware.

Lastly, you can use 'AppOps' to strip applications of their respective permissions. This particular app is NOT avaliable on the PlayStore but if you're interested PM me and I can find it for you. This is only to be used for a must-have app that is behaving poorly. I would hard reset before I used any sort of Anti-Virus, but that's just me.

After you've backed everything up, power down, hold down power up and volume and whilst holding those press and hold power. When 'Recovery booting' appears release all keys. Use the volume rocker to highlight Reset to factory and 'power' to select. set everything up and I highly suggest once you're back up and running go into the playstore and disable auto-update. Reinstall one app at a time and observe behavior.

Using these methods, I have NEVER needed to use any antivirus on my phone...then again, I simply don't use 'free games' any few free apps (Facebook, whatsapp, google maps well known devs being the exception) if in doubt, google it.
    02-18-2015 06:50 PM
    I have now tried no less than six different products from the Play Store and none of them found where these dang pop ups are coming from so I can kill them off! The ones I tried included the Norton the addons detector and four or five others all with high mars in their reviews.
    02-19-2015 01:39 PM
    I have now tried no less than six different products from the Play Store and none of them found where these dang pop ups are coming from so I can kill them off! The ones I tried included the Norton the addons detector and four or five others all with high mars in their reviews.
    See above. Factory reset is the only way I'd be comfortable with once my phone was compromised.
    02-19-2015 01:48 PM
    Can anyone do me a favor and help me solve this? I am using note 3 right now, i don't know what apps in play store i have downloaded to cause this armor ads and those games apps that keep asking me to download them. The pop up carry on about every 5-10 mins, even when i am on my home screen. I tried many ways, but the problem still can't solve. Please help. This pop up is killing me. Thank you. Appreciated if anyone is able to help.
    Hello.
    I was bugged and very annoyed by this problem until I found some applications which also helped blokimg ads. Paid though
    Some free apps/roms to there pm me I don't know rules yet so don't wanna hurt it.

:-)
    02-20-2015 08:56 AM
    May have found the answer to at least my problem. I noticed that all these pop up ads were coming from Amazon or at least they said they were from Amazon. So I went into my Amazon app and turned off notifications. I have not seen a pop up ad since but I think I need to give it another 24 hours to see if this really fixed my problem .
    02-21-2015 11:58 AM
    I cleared my browser history & data and the problem seems to have been solved. No apps were showing up on Norton, Malwarebytes or Adware.
    02-22-2015 12:55 AM
    My attempted solution was not the solution. Seriously considering a reset.
    02-22-2015 12:58 PM
81 1234