I started using this phone about three days ago. I love everything about it, but when I use it for trivial tasks, like chatting on Whatsapp or going through posts on the Android Central App, it starts heating up right around the camera and Samsung logo area (on the back). Is this common?

Posted via Android Central App
    11-03-2013 06:01 PM
    I should also mention I have Power saving mode on most of the time, and the screen brightness is less than half.

11-03-2013 06:09 PM
    Do you have anything syncing in the background?

11-04-2013 12:35 AM
    When I'm not using the phone, it's just fine. As soon as I start pulling up apps, like Whatsapp or the Android Central app, it starts getting warm.

11-04-2013 01:23 AM
    What you feel is the warming of the processor, no need to worry about ... unless its heat affects the battery's temperature.
    What you'd look it's the battery's temperature ... because it's the phone's most sensitive component.

The Li-Ion battery's allowed max temperature is for discharging 60C (140F) and for charging 45C (113F).
    If the battery remains below this temperatures that means it doesn't represent any danger.
    But high temperatures of the battery over extended periods of time will decrease the battery's life cycle span.
    11-04-2013 03:22 AM
    I concur. The processor is by the camera, and mine gets warm too. When I'm texting, Facebook, responding to emails, using the multi window feature and playing a game...I'm making this quad core show is power. Lol. All you need to keep an eye on is the battery on the bottom, like stated above.

Palm Treo line > Blackberry line > Samsung Galaxy S line > NOW - the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 😊
    Adamsberg likes this.
    11-04-2013 08:49 AM
    What you feel is the warming of the processor, no need to worry about ... unless its heat affects the battery's temperature.
    What you'd look it's the battery's temperature ... because it's the phone's most sensitive component.

The Li-Ion battery's allowed max temperature is for discharging 60C (140F) and for charging 45C (113F).
    If the battery remains below this temperatures that means it doesn't represent any danger.
    But high temperatures of the battery over extended periods of time will decrease the battery's life cycle span.
    This sucks that I need to keep track of the temperature. Is there an app you recommend that reads it?
    11-04-2013 12:37 PM
    This sucks that I need to keep track of the temperature. Is there an app you recommend that reads it?
    GSam Battery Monitor has an option to give you a warning notification.

Battery Monitor Widget logs it and give you also a nice graph by time.

I use both apps
    11-04-2013 01:31 PM