Samsung Galaxy - Cracked Screen Defect, not dropped, Note 3 & Note 2, S4 & S3

Nfluencedaworld

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I is crazy the sales people are like trained to back off. I tell them what happen and all they can say well it sounds to me like physical damage. They hardly even take a look at the phone or inspect it. Only the two Sprint techs took time to look at the phone and where like yeah I can see that you took care of it.They just have never seen of it happen before.

Such you are having such an issue with the phone. I have worked on the sales side before, and it can be difficult to work on getting a damaged product fixed. We always tried to go out of our way for the customer, but sometimes your hands are tied waiting on the manufacturer to get back to you. Hope this works out and they fix it for you.

I know I wish this had the GG3 in it, as it would have helped with some of these in shipping most likely.

Nfluencedaworld

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I truly think Samsung is covering this up. They are making money off use buy allowing the customer to fix a defect. I bet they don't even long in the reports when people call up about it. Or they dismiss it as physical damage done by the customer. Samsung has probably produced over 500 million phone. Even if only 500-1,000 per million were defective us as a costumer should not have to pay for a defect in there phones. I think they are betting one people will not come together to fight them or complain enough. Well they have messed with the wrong guy!!!

I've had exactly the same problem, the crack originates from the same position (top left) however it heads down to slightly above the bottom right corner... I took some seriously good care of the phone as I was waiting for the case to arrive, and I noticed the crack as I took the phone off charge, (It was lying on the bed... sigh...) but like you, I thought it was a finger mark first...

All both samsung and my provider have done is give me the run around... going to send it back to them this week to be repaired as the pen is no longer working well on the screen... Gutted cos I wanted the phone for the pen and drawing apps in particular...

Disgusted at the crappy quality of the parts, there's no comparison to iPhone quality, and the speaker is the worst on the market... :(

bugbot

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
My wife and I got brand new Note 3s directly from T-Mobile only last week. She went on a trip to Boston, and the glass cracked on the plane ride back. She never dropped it, and was using it just before it happened. Not sure if it could be a pressure change thing or what, but now I'm quite worried Samsung or T-Mobile or whomever is responsible is going to give us the run-around on a brand new device.

Nfluencedaworld

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
My wife and I got brand new Note 3s directly from T-Mobile only last week. She went on a trip to Boston, and the glass cracked on the plane ride back. She never dropped it, and was using it just before it happened. Not sure if it could be a pressure change thing or what, but now I'm quite worried Samsung or T-Mobile or whomever is responsible is going to give us the run-around on a brand new device.

I am very sorry to hear that. would you happen to have pictures of the crack that happen on your wife's phone? I hope that you have a better outcome than I do with getting your phone fixed. I am still working on getting my phone fixed.

Posted via Android Central App

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
IMG_3465.jpg

That's the last image I'll upload to stop spamming the thread...

Supposed to be sending it back to them today or tomorrow to be repaired, but I have no intention of paying for it...

Cheers,

Gerard Jr

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
I had a similar problem on my wife's S4. The digitizer cracked under the glass with no signs of physical damage. The glass and fame were In perfect condition. It started right at the sleep power button and spread out from there. I blamed my wife but she swore she didn't drop it. After reading this I realize it was a defect. I shipped it off and samsung charged me $200 and 2 weeks without a phone. They said it was dropped. I feel like I got screwed now! Wish I would have read this before I paid.

Nfluencedaworld

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I had a similar problem on my wife's S4. The digitizer cracked under the glass with no signs of physical damage. The glass and fame were In perfect condition. It started right at the sleep power button and spread out from there. I blamed my wife but she swore she didn't drop it. After reading this I realize it was a defect. I shipped it off and samsung charged me $200 and 2 weeks without a phone. They said it was dropped. I feel like I got screwed now! Wish I would have read this before I paid.

All is not lost. I believe if we all come together and make our voice heard Samsung will think twice. There is nothing worse then some trying to tell you what happened to your own phone and blaming it on you. Then making you pay for it. I would like to see Samsung refund all those people who was trying to tell then they did not cause the phone to crack. It is a work in progress. This is the reason I am not send my phone because 2 weeks is crazy! Then most likely they are going to try to change me.

Request2

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Don't think Apple would treat you any better.
I have Apple notebook and broke down after 9 months and when I try to get fixed, Apple wouldn't send the part for 4weeks.
Get that 4weeks!
When they finally send the part, it's the same faulty Toshiba SSD that failed in first place.
Apple has recall on all Toshiba SSD because they have known about this since 2011 and still sold with this part and now they are on recall.
But mine was still under the warranty and yet, I am out of my computer for more than 4weeks. still not fixed.
I been talking to Apple and they keep telling me, just wait and wait. bla bla bla. Nothing else.
Yet they told me normal fix time for warranty item is 5~7 business days.
This is how APPLE is so trust me Samsung is much better to help you than Apple, because I don't even know if Apple is ever going to fix my computer at all.
By the way, Apple's customer service is the one of the worst I ever talk to, they even hang up on if they don't like you.

At least Samsung doesn't have to do recall like Apple does.
Because Samsung's SSD hasn't failed not even once where as Toshiba SSD failed and Apple is finanlly doing recall, but what is the point since they are only selectively fixing SSD to selective customers. I guess fairness is not in Apple's dictionary.

So waiting 2 weeks is nothing. I am waiting 4 plus weeks. This is my 5th week and nothing is happening.
Also would you want to replace your hard drive with same brand that is being recalled? NO right?
Yet Apple is insisiting they want to put that same fulty Toshiba SSD back into my MacAir, to see that fail again???

This is the truth about APPLE. They are not great as you think.
:confused::'(

Nfluencedaworld

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Don't think Apple would treat you any better.
I have Apple notebook and broke down after 9 months and when I try to get fixed, Apple wouldn't send the part for 4weeks.
Get that 4weeks!
When they finally send the part, it's the same faulty Toshiba SSD that failed in first place.
Apple has recall on all Toshiba SSD because they have known about this since 2011 and still sold with this part and now they are on recall.
But mine was still under the warranty and yet, I am out of my computer for more than 4weeks. still not fixed.
I been talking to Apple and they keep telling me, just wait and wait. bla bla bla. Nothing else.
Yet they told me normal fix time for warranty item is 5~7 business days.
This is how APPLE is so trust me Samsung is much better to help you than Apple, because I don't even know if Apple is ever going to fix my computer at all.
By the way, Apple's customer service is the one of the worst I ever talk to, they even hang up on if they don't like you.

At least Samsung doesn't have to do recall like Apple does.
Because Samsung's SSD hasn't failed not even once where as Toshiba SSD failed and Apple is finanlly doing recall, but what is the point since they are only selectively fixing SSD to selective customers. I guess fairness is not in Apple's dictionary.

So waiting 2 weeks is nothing. I am waiting 4 plus weeks. This is my 5th week and nothing is happening.
Also would you want to replace your hard drive with same brand that is being recalled? NO right?
Yet Apple is insisiting they want to put that same fulty Toshiba SSD back into my MacAir, to see that fail again???

This is the truth about APPLE. They are not great as you think.
:confused::'(

Wow... These companies are messing with their biggest asset...their customers!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane