What do I do once I get this notification?

cmcfarland

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Top left the shield? How do I tell what app it is?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1383700949134.jpg
    1383700949134.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 102

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I just came from an AT&T thread and there are bunch of people including me having it. I don't think any one knows what is causing it but if you pull down the screen you will see a message saying that an app has been forced stopped etc..... The only thing I am inclined to believe is that it is a third party application acting up. Now the error is given by Knox security and some one there suggested the following: bring down the screen... tap and press the message, supposedly a long press, that will take you Knox I believe or to the application that is causing it (don't remember which one), once there clean the cache and delete the data and supposedly that will take care of it. I haven try it yet cause it hasn't happened again.. You might want to give it a try. By the way some people said it was the wifi but let me tell you that the two times that happened to me, I was not on wifi... so I don't think that is the problem.

boudicca00

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
It doesn't seem to be one of the standard icons - it has to be associated with an app running. When you drag your finger down from the top, downward, what apps does it indicate are running?

EDIT -- looks like it's the shield icon from the infamous Knox problem "an unauthorized attempt to access system settings". There are alot of threads here, about how to resolve it. I did read one where someone said that Samsung is aware of the problem, and is working on it.

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't says, it gives you the option of going to the application manager but that is it no other choice. ..I just found another thread going on here about the same thing and some one suggested to do the following which I just did it to my phone.... I dont know which app is causing the popup, but you can go into security in general settings and uncheck verify apps.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
It's knox. Something I don't care about at all and something I'll never use

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Adamsberg

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Best explaining I heard was that KNOX had stopped a security update of Samsung app store.
Running app store and let it perform the updating should solve the problem.

jsreen

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I had this going on too. Mine would occur for the most part when I would go between Wifi and 4G. After a couple days of ignoring the warning I ended up doing the long press on the notification which took me to knox as the issue. I cleared the cache and cleared all the data and haven't seen it since. Not sure if this has been the case for everyone else though.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12