Note 3 Instagram Front Camera Video Problems

CrossePoint

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
So i bought my note 3 a few weeks ago. Ive downloaded several apps once i got the phone. Amoung them i downloaded a popular app called " Instagram " . Ive used this app on several devices before such as the Note 2, iphone 4s and 5 and they all have worked flawlesly.

However on my Note 3 whenever i select the option to record a video i encounter a consistent problem.
If i try to record a video using the front camera within the app Instagram my phone freezes, goes to a black screen, lags, and then tells me " Cannot connect to camera " . It then force quits the app. It does this everytime i try it.

Both the front and back camera work perfectly within the app when im taking a picture. I can even use the back camera to record a video, but if i try with the front camera to record a video i get an error.

Ive tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling it. Ive cleaned and cleared the cache, made sure no other camera apps or apps were running in the backround and even did a master reset on the phone.

Furthermore i called the AT&T store and figured i may have had a defective phone. They shipped me a new one and im still having the same issue with the new phone . Im still encountering the same problem whenever i try..

Im assuming this is a common occurance for everyone using the Note 3 and instagram, if not what can i do to fix this?

Please let me know if you can help.

munnarg

Trusted Member
Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
It's Instagram and not your phone. You can turn off the "Use Instagram's Advanced Camera" in the Advanced Features menu.

CrossePoint

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback, i tried that however when i access the camera im not able to record a video. The video option is faded and wont let me select it. Is there another setting i'd have to adjust ?

It's Instagram and not your phone. You can turn off the "Use Instagram's Advanced Camera" in the Advanced Features menu.

munnarg

Trusted Member
Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
You'll have to record your video outside of Instagram and then open it. Or just don't use the front facing camera unfortunately.

SwiftKey Flowed from my tiny Galaxy Note 3

CrossePoint

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I see, well again thanks for the help. This whole time I thought it was my phone. But it's an instagram issue. Hopefully they update it and fix that issue.

Liljoe83

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I have the same issue with mine on sprint. I even took my phone in to tech support they said the phone is fine, i deleted the app reinstalled the app same problem even master reset the phone and still no go. I emailed instagram 2 weeks ago about it and still no word back from them on a fix.

CrossePoint

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Yeah i was getting ready to email instagram .. but your already 2 weeks in. Its interesting how it works perfectly on the note 2 but not the note 3

I have the same issue with mine on sprint. I even took my phone in to tech support they said the phone is fine, i deleted the app reinstalled the app same problem even master reset the phone and still no go. I emailed instagram 2 weeks ago about it and still no word back from them on a fix.

GANote3

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
No it is instagram, it is because a lot of phones do not have a front facing camera and instagram would have to put a lot more code into their app in order to handle the various phones that have front facing cameras. Instagram has not had instavideo all that long and they are still working on a lot of rhe kinks in the code.

The photo part of instagram is its core and has been around since instagram started and they have had much longer to work on the code for taking a picture with the front camera that is why it works for photos and not videos.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

GANote3

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Was the video a normal vid or shot in slowmo? Instavid cannot hand the slowmo vids from android at this time.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

medinaa_a

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Im also having the same exact problem with this on my Note 3 with Instagram. Although, today, I tried recording a short video with the app called "Vine", also a popular app, I tried switching to front camera, the frame froze. It still recorded but only sound while the image of the back camera was frozen.

Eddie Suarez

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S4. I bought it a few weeks ago. I updated to Android 4.3 and I wasn?t able to record a video with front camera on Instagram. I thought it was my phone, so I went to the store and they gave me a new one. I let the device with its original Android 4.2 and now I can record videos with both front and back camera. I don?t want to update to Android 4.3 because I think a will have the same trouble that I had with the first phone. I think it?s a porblem of Instagram because I tried with Vine (another app) and it works very well with both back and front cameras. Greetings from Colombia. Eddie Su?rez

Sam League

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy Light, and when I want to put a video on instagram, on the last step when I hit the arrow, it takes me back to instagram. How do I fix this?

dustrho

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
The front camera on my Note 3 does not work on Vine at all, but it works just fine with Instagram. I've tweeted to @vineapp twice now asking for help, and they've never gotten back to me. Guess I'll see if they have an actual support page.

Liljoe83

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
So i bought my note 3 a few weeks ago. Ive downloaded several apps once i got the phone. Amoung them i downloaded a popular app called " Instagram " . Ive used this app on several devices before such as the Note 2, iphone 4s and 5 and they all have worked flawlesly.

However on my Note 3 whenever i select the option to record a video i encounter a consistent problem.
If i try to record a video using the front camera within the app Instagram my phone freezes, goes to a black screen, lags, and then tells me " Cannot connect to camera " . It then force quits the app. It does this everytime i try it.

Both the front and back camera work perfectly within the app when im taking a picture. I can even use the back camera to record a video, but if i try with the front camera to record a video i get an error.

Ive tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling it. Ive cleaned and cleared the cache, made sure no other camera apps or apps were running in the backround and even did a master reset on the phone.

Furthermore i called the AT&T store and figured i may have had a defective phone. They shipped me a new one and im still having the same issue with the new phone . Im still encountering the same problem whenever i try..

Im assuming this is a common occurance for everyone using the Note 3 and instagram, if not what can i do to fix this?

Please let me know if you can help.

- - - Updated - - -

With the 4.4.2 kitkat update the instagram front camera recording works.

Tammy Nicole

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Its not her phone. I have the same phone and am having the same exact problem with Instagram and Vine. The main camera works but the face camera freezes. I have uninstalled both apps and reinstalled them with no luck. My camera keeps shutting down when I try to take normal pictures. I have Sprint and will be visiting a store tomorrow.

Gary Sanson

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
I've had the same problem with a Samsung Galaxy Young I can take photos and upload to Instagram but I can't upload videos to that site at all :-$

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech