If you guys haven't downloaded Textra yet nows the time.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I use ChompSMS. Made by the same people.. I've used it for years and love it since I text from any app and also when the screen is locked.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

blazin247

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Totally compatible with 4.3, and adds some features too.

Posted via My Galaxy Note 3

I switched to Textra when GoSMS got too big for their own britches. I like how simple the feature set is- GoSMS was clunky and fat and constantly spammed me with ads to upgrade.

Posted via Android Central App

fallenangel808

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I use ChompSMS. Made by the same people.. I've used it for years and love it since I text from any app and also when the screen is locked.

Did you notice if it's compatible w/ 4.3 yet? One of my friends who has an S4 noticed they are now having a few minor issues ever since they upgraded to 4.3 like w/ lag and MMS not sending or receiving but it could be coincidences.

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Its been my go to text messaging app for awhile now. I did have an issue when I could not attach anything from textra. After the update all is well. I like replying from the notification bar. Nice.

anon(819941)

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I use sliding messaging pro, it is fantastic and I know of very few apps with such a dedicated developer.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Did you notice if it's compatible w/ 4.3 yet? One of my friends who has an S4 noticed they are now having a few minor issues ever since they upgraded to 4.3 like w/ lag and MMS not sending or receiving but it could be coincidences.

I had to setup my APN settings and I have no issues.

I've tried Go SMS and liked it except... You can't configure the buttons on the quick reply. That's just dumb.

fallenangel808

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the info! Yeah, I used to use Go SMS a while back but there were times I experienced lag so I switched. I'm using Textra atm but I think I will start using Chomp since it has more customizations.

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
For those interested, Textra is now 4.4 compatible. Not sure how that impacts 4.3 at all.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

PsychoBobby

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm new to all this Android stuff. Just downloaded textra. Thanks for pointing it out. I came from ios so anymore tips and tricks to this beast will be more than appreciated.

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I have been using TEXTRA for the longest and I am very please with it ..........I have tried other but some how I keep coming back to TEXTRA.....

Gearu

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Tried Textra. Don't see what all the fuss is about. Cannot change background color except for 'dark mode'. A couple of extra bubble colors over stock options. Few extra options. Nothing special.

mspace81

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I had tried to textra and it was decent. Unfortunately, there were messages I wasn't receiving and when I would go look at the stock messaging I would find the messages. So, I had to delete it. Right now, I am satisfied with the stock messaging app. I will most likely end up going back with chomp...I really like it.

Posted via Android Central App

JLadd4420

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Tried Textra. Don't see what all the fuss is about. Cannot change background color except for 'dark mode'. A couple of extra bubble colors over stock options. Few extra options. Nothing special.

I agree 100% I went from Gosms and tried out textra, and you cannot change much at all and it doesnt display how many the total messages for each contact. Going to try Chomp.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone know much about hangouts? Does the other person have to be already on google hangouts for it to work or can it send messages to those without a Google plus account or hangouts account. I would like to use it as my standard messaging app but I don't see how it's possible to just send to a regular phone number.

Rockin my Note 3

anon(128234)

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know much about hangouts? Does the other person have to be already on google hangouts for it to work or can it send messages to those without a Google plus account or hangouts account. I would like to use it as my standard messaging app but I don't see how it's possible to just send to a regular phone number.

Rockin my Note 3

If you have the most recent version of hangouts which was recently updated then all you have to do is open it and swipe from right to left and enter a name or phone number to send a text. No the other person does not have to be on hangouts. You can switch between Hangout messages and text messages from the top of the message. It's nice but it's a bit too laggy for me. Coming from Cyanogenmod S3 to the Note 3, 8sms saved my life and I couldn't be happier!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital