11-11-2013 01:39 AM
26 12
tools
    Totally compatible with 4.3, and adds some features too.

Posted via My Galaxy Note 3
    seventeenseconds likes this.
    11-06-2013 08:07 PM
    I use ChompSMS. Made by the same people.. I've used it for years and love it since I text from any app and also when the screen is locked.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    11-07-2013 07:29 AM
    Totally compatible with 4.3, and adds some features too.

Posted via My Galaxy Note 3
    I switched to Textra when GoSMS got too big for their own britches. I like how simple the feature set is- GoSMS was clunky and fat and constantly spammed me with ads to upgrade.

Posted via Android Central App
    JLadd4420 likes this.
    11-07-2013 10:13 AM
    I use ChompSMS. Made by the same people.. I've used it for years and love it since I text from any app and also when the screen is locked.

Did you notice if it's compatible w/ 4.3 yet? One of my friends who has an S4 noticed they are now having a few minor issues ever since they upgraded to 4.3 like w/ lag and MMS not sending or receiving but it could be coincidences.
    11-07-2013 11:27 AM
    Its been my go to text messaging app for awhile now. I did have an issue when I could not attach anything from textra. After the update all is well. I like replying from the notification bar. Nice.
    11-07-2013 11:27 AM
    I'm still playing with hangouts right now, I want to make it my daily sms driver but we'll see
    11-07-2013 11:48 AM
    I use sliding messaging pro, it is fantastic and I know of very few apps with such a dedicated developer.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk
    ughwhat and Ludatyk like this.
    11-07-2013 11:56 AM
    Did you notice if it's compatible w/ 4.3 yet? One of my friends who has an S4 noticed they are now having a few minor issues ever since they upgraded to 4.3 like w/ lag and MMS not sending or receiving but it could be coincidences.
    I had to setup my APN settings and I have no issues.

I've tried Go SMS and liked it except... You can't configure the buttons on the quick reply. That's just dumb.

fallenangel808 likes this.
    11-07-2013 12:36 PM
    Thanks for the info! Yeah, I used to use Go SMS a while back but there were times I experienced lag so I switched. I'm using Textra atm but I think I will start using Chomp since it has more customizations.
    11-07-2013 12:49 PM
    For those interested, Textra is now 4.4 compatible. Not sure how that impacts 4.3 at all.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    11-07-2013 12:56 PM
    I'm new to all this Android stuff. Just downloaded textra. Thanks for pointing it out. I came from ios so anymore tips and tricks to this beast will be more than appreciated.
    11-07-2013 03:01 PM
    I have been using TEXTRA for the longest and I am very please with it ..........I have tried other but some how I keep coming back to TEXTRA.....
    11-07-2013 08:25 PM
    Tried Textra. Don't see what all the fuss is about. Cannot change background color except for 'dark mode'. A couple of extra bubble colors over stock options. Few extra options. Nothing special.
    Shanicenicolle and ughwhat like this.
    11-08-2013 04:46 AM
    I had tried to textra and it was decent. Unfortunately, there were messages I wasn't receiving and when I would go look at the stock messaging I would find the messages. So, I had to delete it. Right now, I am satisfied with the stock messaging app. I will most likely end up going back with chomp...I really like it.

Posted via Android Central App
    11-08-2013 06:13 AM
    Tried Textra. Don't see what all the fuss is about. Cannot change background color except for 'dark mode'. A couple of extra bubble colors over stock options. Few extra options. Nothing special.
    I agree 100% I went from Gosms and tried out textra, and you cannot change much at all and it doesnt display how many the total messages for each contact. Going to try Chomp.
    11-08-2013 11:54 AM
    I use handcent love it !

11-08-2013 12:07 PM
    Does anyone know much about hangouts? Does the other person have to be already on google hangouts for it to work or can it send messages to those without a Google plus account or hangouts account. I would like to use it as my standard messaging app but I don't see how it's possible to just send to a regular phone number.

Rockin my Note 3
    11-08-2013 03:10 PM
    Does anyone know much about hangouts? Does the other person have to be already on google hangouts for it to work or can it send messages to those without a Google plus account or hangouts account. I would like to use it as my standard messaging app but I don't see how it's possible to just send to a regular phone number.

Rockin my Note 3

If you have the most recent version of hangouts which was recently updated then all you have to do is open it and swipe from right to left and enter a name or phone number to send a text. No the other person does not have to be on hangouts. You can switch between Hangout messages and text messages from the top of the message. It's nice but it's a bit too laggy for me. Coming from Cyanogenmod S3 to the Note 3, 8sms saved my life and I couldn't be happier!
    anon(1733) likes this.
    11-08-2013 05:24 PM
    I downloaded the most recent apk and now it works. I appreciate the help

Rockin my Note 3
    11-08-2013 05:30 PM
    No the other person does not have to be on hangouts.
    I just tried to use hangouts with several of my contacts and it tells me that the other person is not on hangouts and only choice is to send an invitation.
    11-08-2013 10:47 PM
    I just tried to use hangouts with several of my contacts and it tells me that the other person is not on hangouts and only choice is to send an invitation.
    I was having the same problem using the file that's available in the play store. Apparently there's a new version that's being slow rolled out that now includes the option for sms. The link is on the forums here. That's where I got it from. It will install over your current version and you should be all set.

Rockin my Note 3
    adelcastillo78 likes this.
    11-08-2013 10:57 PM
    I was having the same problem using the file that's available in the play store. Apparently there's a new version that's being slow rolled out that now includes the option for sms. The link is on the forums here. That's where I got it from. It will install over your current version and you should be all set.

Rockin my Note 3
    Thank for the info. I just downloaded and using it but, it is to plain in comparison with the stock messenger. Do you know what is the difference between the two of them ? cause I don't see anything out of the ordinary.
    11-08-2013 11:57 PM
    I liked using textra but was causing a weird screen cycle on my phone. I would get a text and some times the screen would go off and the led would blink as normal. Other times I would get a text, No led blink, and the screen would keep popping on.

I also miss the integration of svoice like reading out messages.

Decided to go with stock but use floating notifications to have that instant popup.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app
    11-10-2013 09:02 AM
    I have a combination of messaging apps. From Floating Notification and Sliding Messaging. I'm digging Hangouts primarily for it being an all in one messaging app. I prefer Sliding Messaging cause it has so many features... So, I'm going back and forth between those three..
    11-10-2013 09:36 AM
    I like 8sms and highly recommend it. It's lightweight, fast, and not overloaded with features. You can also turn the pop up on or off. If you are rooted and running TWRP, there's an inverted black stock Samsung SMS in the Tmobile themes and apps section.
    11-10-2013 11:14 PM
26 12