Have had my Note 3 for two weeks. I love it. Have been using cell phones since the brick and bag days. Last 4 phones were Blackberry including a BB Playbook tablet. Have been programming computers and using computers since 1962. Well I am absolutely amazed at the Note 3 and the Android operating system. Have had only a single issue so far. Both Gmail and MailDroid took the subject from one email and combined it with the content of another. Was able to recover both using my laptop. As a Blacberry person I was never impressed with need for aps before. Now that I am using the Note 3 I have downloaded a bunch of free aps and am using them a lot. I find that I like the MailDroid app a lot better than the Gmail app for my several email accounts. The only thing I have found a bit awkward to date is taking a picture and immediately emailing it. It was one step easy on Blackberry (with photo displayed, just click on menu and click email) but harder on the Note 3, at least that I have found so far. Just ordered my wife an Android phone, but not the Note 3 as she is more technically challenged and only uses her phone for calls mostly and only a few of those a month. Really uses the phone for pseudo emergencies and incoming calls from a few friends. Figured I could get her to use our WiFi hot spot and play with the phone a bunch and maybe get more involved in the digital age. She uses a pay as you go plan, we purchase a years worth of minutes, since her usage to date is so low. She just started doing email and Facebook in last year on laptop. My usage is quite high using about 20 MB of data per month, and I do not download any videos except very short Utube attachements sent via friends. I am not a fan of Gmail tho and use other emailing options.
    11-07-2013 09:26 AM
    Have had my Note 3 for two weeks. I love it. Have been using cell phones since the brick and bag days. Last 4 phones were Blackberry including a BB Playbook tablet. Have been programming computers and using computers since 1962. Well I am absolutely amazed at the Note 3 and the Android operating system. Have had only a single issue so far. Both Gmail and MailDroid took the subject from one email and combined it with the content of another. Was able to recover both using my laptop. As a Blacberry person I was never impressed with need for aps before. Now that I am using the Note 3 I have downloaded a bunch of free aps and am using them a lot. I find that I like the MailDroid app a lot better than the Gmail app for my several email accounts. The only thing I have found a bit awkward to date is taking a picture and immediately emailing it. It was one step easy on Blackberry (with photo displayed, just click on menu and click email) but harder on the Note 3, at least that I have found so far. Just ordered my wife an Android phone, but not the Note 3 as she is more technically challenged and only uses her phone for calls mostly and only a few of those a month. Really uses the phone for pseudo emergencies and incoming calls from a few friends. Figured I could get her to use our WiFi hot spot and play with the phone a bunch and maybe get more involved in the digital age. She uses a pay as you go plan, we purchase a years worth of minutes, since her usage to date is so low. She just started doing email and Facebook in last year on laptop. My usage is quite high using about 20 MB of data per month, and I do not download any videos except very short Utube attachements sent via friends. I am not a fan of Gmail tho and use other emailing options.
    20MB is quite low...

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    11-07-2013 10:03 AM
    You've been using computers since 1962 and you count 20 MB as high usage?

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    11-07-2013 10:14 AM
    Woops, I meant 20 G Bytes.
    11-07-2013 11:10 AM
    Woops, I meant 20 G Bytes.
    Ok, that's a good bit of p0rn.

Welcome to the 'hood!
    11-07-2013 01:39 PM