Long story short, I came across a very good deal on 2 Factory Unlocked Samsung Galaxy Note 3's (One for me and one for my wife), I am going to get them and port my number over to T-Mobile. I am coming from a Blackberry Z10 and an iPhone 4S before that. My Z10 was giving me all kinds of trouble with lag and bugs so I am very happy to finally get rid of it. Anyway I haven't used an Android device since the first Motorola Droid. I didn't really like Android then but I have heard that it has changed tremendously since then. My questions are what can I expect coming from a Z10 and knowing nothing but iPhone pretty much. I only had the Z10 for about 5 long months. How much bloatware is going to be on the phone? Do you reccommend that I root the phone? I am familiar with Jailbreaking but have never rooted but I am sure I can figure it out from the forums. If it doesn't really need to be rooted then I woon't worry about it. Another issue is I have very samll hands so I am hoping I don't have issues holding it. Any advice or reccomendations you have would be great. Thanks.
    11-09-2013 05:48 PM
    Long story short, I came across a very good deal on 2 Factory Unlocked Samsung Galaxy Note 3's (One for me and one for my wife), I am going to get them and port my number over to T-Mobile. I am coming from a Blackberry Z10 and an iPhone 4S before that. My Z10 was giving me all kinds of trouble with lag and bugs so I am very happy to finally get rid of it. Anyway I haven't used an Android device since the first Motorola Droid. I didn't really like Android then but I have heard that it has changed tremendously since then. My questions are what can I expect coming from a Z10 and knowing nothing but iPhone pretty much. I only had the Z10 for about 5 long months. How much bloatware is going to be on the phone? Do you reccommend that I root the phone? I am familiar with Jailbreaking but have never rooted but I am sure I can figure it out from the forums. If it doesn't really need to be rooted then I woon't worry about it. Another issue is I have very samll hands so I am hoping I don't have issues holding it. Any advice or reccomendations you have would be great. Thanks.
    Welcome to the forums.

This may be a little dated but look this over: http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...e-android.html

As far as rooting and such, I would wait. Learn the new OS first.
    There are some apps that can be disabled.
    look this over: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...able-apps.html
    Or this: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...-required.html
    IceCold803 likes this.
    11-09-2013 05:57 PM
    Welcome to the forums.

This may be a little dated but look this over: http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...e-android.html

As far as rooting and such, I would wait. Learn the new OS first.
    There are some apps that can be disabled.
    look this over: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...able-apps.html
    Or this: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...-required.html
    Got it. Thanks for the info. I will start looking these over. Our phones should be here by the end of the week hopefully.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    11-09-2013 06:00 PM
    Also, why not start a new thread in Introductions and say hello?
    11-09-2013 06:00 PM
    Also, why not start a new thread in Introductions and say hello?
    Going there now!
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    11-09-2013 06:03 PM
    My Note 3 will be here today by 3:00! Already have my S-View case and my number has been ported to T-Mobile. Just need to pop the SIM in and I should be ready to rock. Pretty excited.
    11-16-2013 08:07 AM
    Let us know how you like it. Enjoy your new phone.

Rockin my Note 3
    11-16-2013 09:00 AM
    Got my phone about an hour ago and this thing is amazing. Set up was a breeze and I'm fully up and running. I can't put it down so far. Trying to figure everything out.
    11-16-2013 03:21 PM
    Got my phone about an hour ago and this thing is amazing. Set up was a breeze and I'm fully up and running. I can't put it down so far. Trying to figure everything out.
    Gratz. The phone is a Big change from iOS. I was a LONG time iOS user up until recently. I have found that you must be willing to give android a fair shot at everything you used to do on other platforms. I don't root my phones. Launchers can change the look, with 32GB it doesn't matter how much bloat is on it. disable everything you aren't using, and delete anything you don't want.
    The phone is amazing. Give it some time. It IS a big phone, takes a little get used to.
    I have tried many different android phones and the Note 3 is the king of kings. (moto x is my other fav) battery life is amazing. I can't kill it no matter what I do with it.

Enjoy. You have one of the best android phones ever made.
    11-16-2013 03:35 PM
    Like you,I came from the Q10 to the note and the phone rocks.

Posted via Android Central App
    11-16-2013 05:09 PM
    Got it. Thanks for the info. I will start looking these over. Our phones should be here by the end of the week hopefully.
    In the settings,there's an option for 1 hand use.

Posted via Android Central App
    11-16-2013 05:10 PM
    If you are trying to figure everything out, you will never get to bed. IMO, this is just too much phone. That is the way it should be. The phone should always be over our heads. Just like if you get a Porsche or high end Italian sports car.. the car should always be the best, and you just trying to use some of it, never can push it pass it limits, because its limits are very, very high.. The Note 3 is up there man, way up there!!
    11-16-2013 06:25 PM
    Thanks everyone for all the input. I'm still digging in here. Only thing I am really having an issue with is arranging my home screen. I have two blank screens when I swipe to the right that I am trying to get rid of. I will keep researching.
    11-16-2013 06:52 PM