How many people moved to the Note 3 from an iPhone?

BillM67

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
How many people are coming from an iPhone to the Note 3 ? I am one who has, IOS 7 has driven me away. Like a lot of people I have an ipad, this made my decision easier was that the same for you ?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Cavere

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I came from iPhone. I really liked IOS 7. The main thing that led me to the note was that I needed a new phone as the iPhone 4 was not keeping up with new apps and the 5s was back ordered. It would've been a close choice if not for that.

Many people may hate me saying this but there isn't much different between the two systems.

Rob.G

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I came to the Note 3 from an iPhone 4S. I did it because I hated iOS 7, and the 5S really didn't have enough new stuff to justify upgrading even if I didn't hate iOS 7. A friend in Texas went from the 4S to a Note 3 and raved about it so I decided to have a look. The cute girl at Best Buy gave me a great demo and I was sold on it. Then I decided to switch carriers too, and went from Verizon to AT&T.

I absolutely LOVE the Note 3. Android has come a very long way since my Droid X some three years ago. While I miss the integration with my Mac, everything else more than makes up for it!

Rob

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I came to the Note 3 from an iPhone 4S. I did it because I hated iOS 7, and the 5S really didn't have enough new stuff to justify upgrading even if I didn't hate iOS 7. A friend in Texas went from the 4S to a Note 3 and raved about it so I decided to have a look. The cute girl at Best Buy gave me a great demo and I was sold on it. Then I decided to switch carriers too, and went from Verizon to AT&T.

I absolutely LOVE the Note 3. Android has come a very long way since my Droid X some three years ago. While I miss the integration with my Mac, everything else more than makes up for it!

Rob
i currently have a blackberry q10, while the company has it's faults the phone's great. That being said I am more than likely going to be getting the note 3 and I have nothing bad to say about blackberry. I just need a bigger screen and sprint probably won't be cauthe Z30.

ughwhat

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I came from the iPhone 5 and still have a Macbook and iPad (3rd gen). I don't know if/when I'll get another iPad but I have no plans to switch from Mac. My iPad isn't getting much use lately because it's laggy on 7.

I too had the Droid X before going to the iPhone (4S then 5) and it's amazing how Android changed while I was away.

Rob.G

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
My first smartphone was a Blackberry Storm. Biggest POS I've ever owned. HORRIBLE. To this day I think whoever allowed that OS to reach the public should be deported.

I still have my iPad 3 too... and also don't see getting another one. I'd sell this one if I could get a fair price for it (it's a 64 gig Verizon LTE model); otherwise I'll keep it around. I chose NOT to upgrade it to iOS 7 after seeing it on my 4S... which if luck prevails, it'll be sold tomorrow.

Rob

Droid Gator

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I bought a Note 3 after a complete Apple nut for the past several years. I never thought I would change colors but when Apple released the 5s without bumping up the screen size I decided enough was enough. I love the Note 3 and rarely use my iPad 3. I have encountered a few issues with the Note 3 but nothing major. Occasionally, I miss being able to use my phone with only one hand.

Anton Khmel

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I came from iPhone 4S. IOS 7 is a big disappointment and iPhone 5S has a basically the same small screen. Now I enjoy gorgeous Note 3 display and flexibility of Android!

dbbude

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
I moved from a 4S to Note 3. Was due for an upgrade and wasn't impressed with Apple's very slow progress. IOS 7 was good though.

Happy to have made the move!

LunatiqueRob

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I moved to the Note 3 from the iPhone 4. I just got my Note 3 a couple of days ago, and it's been HELL trying to get simple sync of music, videos, photos, ebooks, etc done. I've been trying with Kies, iSyncr, doubleTwist, and they all keep running into problems, and then photos would disappear off the Note 3 after I copied them from the computer to the external SD card. They showed up fine a day, then the next day they started disappearing, showing a placeholder thumbnail for the photos.

doubleTwist for some reason cannot syn photos--it does not show the option for uploading photos to the Note 3 for me. Kies does sync, but it cannot sync to the external SD card, nor can it keep the photos in the original directory/folder structure--it just dumps all the photos from various folders into the camera folder on the Note 3 and creates a big mess.

Say what you want about Apple, at least they make their products very easy to use.

I hope I get out of this "learning a new platform" hell soon. Any suggestions for painless, smooth syncing would be much appreciated.

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Coming from an iPhone 5C here. I really like the Apple ecosystem. I own an Apple TV, have owned multiple iPads and my main computers are a Mac Mini (for iTunes) and a MacBook Pro Retina development machine.

That said, I think the Note 3 is mostly amazing. And mostly better than anything Apple. This is, in part, because I never really loved the size of the iPad, nor carrying the iPad Mini with me. I just wouldn't use it for reading if I didn't have it on my person. My thinking with the Note 3, though, is that if I have it on my person there's a better chance of me using it for reading here and there. So far that's been the case. I just wish it was clear how to get certain things done that "just work" on the iPhone. I miss Airplay. And I can't voice dial or start music using voice commands due to the lock screen and how that works. And I'm not sure the best way to get music from iTunes to the Note 3 smoothly. So far on that one I've uploaded music to Google Play and then re-downloaded it. Doesn't seem terribly elegant and it doesn't integrate well with Samsung's music player, but it seems to work okay.

moonkill1023

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Just finished iPhone 4 and just love the note 3 , truly amazing device and just love the screen size/battery life. It soon much faster and respond much quicker..However I am still finding the apps for Notes in android that can sync with iOS notes since I use it very intensely. .

Posted via Android Central App

stoffel76

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I also come from an iphone 4/4s/5 and certainly have no regrets, the small screen was far too small for the iPhone, the note 3 is just perfect for my work love it

crivera7836

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
i come from an iphone 5 and previous iphones 4 and 4s and imo i liked the simplicity of iOS even iOS 7 and some bugs but i could have lived with them. the main thing that made me pull the plug on apple is the very little to non hardware upgrades year after year. It was painful for me to see people around me with their beautiful hd big screens and awesome cameras and new hardware functionality like spen for example. I am not saying i will never use another iphone ever again but until apple does a complete hardware upgrade on its line of iphones i will stick to my current note 3 which i am loving.

sam kim2

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
From an iPhone 4. The Note 3 has two excellent voice recognition assistants but inexplicably neither allows you to make a phone call by voice command from your earphone mic while the phone's in your pocket. I'd go back to my 3 year old iPhone just for that function alone. With the lockscreen unsecured I can longpress to turn on s-voice or google (which recites a long set of instructions each time). But the screen goes on and the pocket dialing ensues. Why does it require me to look at the screen when I'm trying to give it a voice command? Android is otherwise fine but in many little ways seems to be made for a different kind of user than me.

jaymojones

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Coming from an iPhone 5C here. I really like the Apple ecosystem. I own an Apple TV, have owned multiple iPads and my main computers are a Mac Mini (for iTunes) and a MacBook Pro Retina development machine.

That said, I think the Note 3 is mostly amazing. And mostly better than anything Apple. This is, in part, because I never really loved the size of the iPad, nor carrying the iPad Mini with me. I just wouldn't use it for reading if I didn't have it on my person. My thinking with the Note 3, though, is that if I have it on my person there's a better chance of me using it for reading here and there. So far that's been the case. I just wish it was clear how to get certain things done that "just work" on the iPhone. I miss Airplay. And I can't voice dial or start music using voice commands due to the lock screen and how that works. And I'm not sure the best way to get music from iTunes to the Note 3 smoothly. So far on that one I've uploaded music to Google Play and then re-downloaded it. Doesn't seem terribly elegant and it doesn't integrate well with Samsung's music player, but it seems to work okay.

Have you tried iSyncr? I paid for it and also the wireless add on and it works GREAT!!! I have all my music on my 64gb sd card now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Andreas Ebersbach

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
I bought a Note 3 after a complete Apple nut for the past several years. I never thought I would change colors but when Apple released the 5s without bumping up the screen size I decided enough was enough. I love the Note 3 and rarely use my iPad 3. I have encountered a few issues with the Note 3 but nothing major. Occasionally, I miss being able to use my phone with only one hand.

I come from iPhone 5 and the release of 5s and 5c has convinced me. I absolutely love my Note 3.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante