Metal back plate for Note 3

dsl4life

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi there,

I thinking about getting a metal back plate for my Note 3. I really dont like the feeling of the faux leather. But i'm thinking this could weaken the signal strength. What do you think?

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Hi there,

I thinking about getting a metal back plate for my Note 3. I really dont like the feeling of the faux leather. But i'm thinking this could weaken the signal strength. What do you think?

I got the brushed metal back for my wife's S4 and while it didn't really diminish the actual signal if it is strong, it did however diminish the signal if it is weak.

Amazon.com: Tpwinner Samsung I9500 Galaxy S4 S Iv Brushed Metal Aluminum Replacement Back Cover Housing Battery Door + Screen Clean Cloth (silver): Cell Phones & Accessories

Example: At our house, we get a weak 4G LTE signal on both phones (S4 and Note 3). With original back covers, we get the signal. As soon as I put her metal back cover on that signal disappeared and she only gets 3G. If we go into a strong LTE area, we both get strong LTE signals. Also, it will disable NFC if you use it. NFC and metal do not play nice.

Hope this helps!