I just got a Harmony Ultimate and set it up tonight. I have a Note 3 (with IR) and got the Harmony app. My problem is, my TV is controlled by IR with the Ultimate, everything else through the hub. Is there any way to set the Harmony app to use the IR emitter on the Note 3? So it will turn the TV on, but run everything else through the hub?
    11-11-2013 06:26 PM
    Take it to the Harmony support forums. That's what I just did. Don't know how they take a step backwards from their older RF equipment like the 900. They give you the choice of controlling via IR and RF. Now, their brand new system is limited to controlling through the hub only. It's so limited. HTC and Samsung devices have IR built in. This was last year. Don't see why they haven't updated their software yet to take advantage of the IR blasters.
    01-12-2014 09:50 PM
    Take it to the Harmony support forums. That's what I just did. Don't know how they take a step backwards from their older RF equipment like the 900. They give you the choice of controlling via IR and RF. Now, their brand new system is limited to controlling through the hub only. It's so limited. HTC and Samsung devices have IR built in. This was last year. Don't see why they haven't updated their software yet to take advantage of the IR blasters.
    Logitech wants you to use their product, not someone else's even if you bought theirs. Think about it, they gave the app as an addition to their Harmony line of remotes....not as a replacement....to control your TV. If that wasn't the case, people would get the app (and set up an account with Logitech) to control the TV and not buy the remote. Technically, any IR remote, including smartphones such as the N3 or HTC One, would be considered competition because it is in fact in most cases, a direct replacement to stand alone original remotes using IR......and that's what the Harmony is....a replacement to original remotes to products.
    01-13-2014 03:07 AM
    Sorry. Don't agree. You are using their product. You have two whopping product lines that now have IR. It's not like it's an industry wide adoption of IR. It takes time, and if customers aren't asking, they have many more actual issues,bugs and what not to address.

You're still tied into their system. The macros and remote database are still second to none. And if you have a good experience with the product, you're more inclined to buy another one for a different room, gift and what not.

The alternative is actually a much cheaper solution without them, and that's a simple IR repeater to make use of the Peel app/WatchOn and cut out Logitech entirely or stick to the used/refurb market and get a 900 on the cheap. Doesn't help Logitech there. They don't get paid twice, and the consumer in this case mist likely isn't going to put out for a new Ultimate combo or 900 since both are a big jump over the hub/control remote.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    01-13-2014 06:59 AM