Note 3 hangouts w/sms support

vamp07

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Mine has the same version as what is in the store 1.2.018, so I think I am getting the correct update.

Sent from my SM-N900P using AC Forums mobile app

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Why's that?

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

well, not sure I want to preach, I am just getting concerned on Google attempting to handle all my digital life with new functions of these apps. I am using non-google apps whenever possible, many are better actually.

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
well, not sure I want to preach, I am just getting concerned on Google attempting to handle all my digital life with new functions of these apps. I am using non-google apps whenever possible, many are better actually.

I'm in the same boat, I'm not really liking the most recent pure Google apps for core things like music, sms, dialer, photos, which is why this year I decided to end my streak of only purchasing nexus phones. Core apps are designed better on my phone than Google's IMO.

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z1

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Ah okay was just curious.

I don't use all their apps.. I use Gmail, calendar, syncs and Google now. Also Google music for streaming... Other than that chompsms for my phone and all other normal apps for my phone like the dialer and stuff.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I finally got it.

Attachments

• 1384570394731.jpg
    1384570394731.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 35

lukejwalka23

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Anybody disabled the stock message app and used Hangouts as default? Disable notifications in the message app, but wanted to know if disabling it altogether in the settings would cause problems.

Posted via my VZW Note 3's Android Central App

vamp07

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Showed up for me too. I don't understand why the play store description talked about 2.0 but gave me 1.2.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Not there at least anywhere I can see.

Sent from my SM-N900P using AC Forums mobile app
The reason you don't see is because even though google play is advertising version 2, when you download it is still in 1 something. Some people here said that they have gotten version 2, from google play, for me it didn't work. I ended up installing the APK that is going around but later I uninstall it to wait for the one in google play.

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Anybody disabled the stock message app and used Hangouts as default? Disable notifications in the message app, but wanted to know if disabling it altogether in the settings would cause problems.

Posted via my VZW Note 3's Android Central App
If you are using the APK that is going around and you dissable the app, you might because the leaked version is intended for KIT KAT.... Like I am using a new messenger app called 8sms. It brings two choices for using it, one is absolute and I have to dissable stock messenger. Well if I do that since this one is intended for Android 4.4, it doesn't allow me to save pictures that I receive through text, so I use the other option called default and in this one I have to have the stock messenger enable but without notifications and it works just fine with the pictures. So I am thinking that you might experience some thing similar since you don't have KIT KAT yet.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Finally got it from the play store this morning. Working flawlessly

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670