Is the Note 3 the best smartphone you can buy right now?

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Just want to know if the Note 3 is the best smartphone money can buy at the present?

If not, what is the best smartphone you can buy right now..

I know the other phones are good, but it seems like Samsung raise the bar with the S4, and that put icing on the cake with the Note 3. Just my take, and btw, I am a newbie too.. :D

Walchaar6

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I have the note 3 and it sure is amazing but I guess it really depends on what you prefer both Samsung and apple have done some amazing things and Sony is starting to pick up the pase with their new smartphones which is great the more competitors there is the better

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I have the note 3 and it sure is amazing but I guess it really depends on what you prefer both Samsung and apple have done some amazing things and Sony is starting to pick up the pase with their new smartphones which is great the more competitors there is the better

I know the answer could be subjective. However, I don't think any 4 inch smartphone could be in the running for the best smartphone money can buy... IMO, if the Note 3 is not the best, then it has to be one of it competitors that are running something in the same screen size class. For a lot of users, the screen size and hi res is a killer. So, the best out there has to have at least a 5 inch screen. Just my opinion..

Netguysc

May 22, 2012
Visit site
To me it is, but I haven't used the LG G2 I believe it is called or the Iphone 5s. I'm extremely impressed with the Note 3 but to be honest I am also impressed with what Apple has done with their hardware, so much performance from a smaller process and less ram. I have never owned an Apple product but have played around with my mom Ipad 4. I didn;t find it as intuitive as everyone states but it's ok with me. I wanted one until I actually used it.
Bottom line, the best phone out there is whatever you think it is, after you've completed your research...

Walchaar6

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
In my opinion I have owned the iPhone 5 and the note 3 they are both great smartphones they are both top 2 it's just to some people the iPhone might be 1 and to others the note 3 might be 1 I personally like the note 3 more that's why I bought it lol

runamuck0870

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Best in breadth of specs, yes..maybe. Best user experience....likely not. Best camera....definitely not. Best raw processing power....definitely not (Apple 5S wins that now).

So really depends on your definition of "best."

power5

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, but the 5s wins processing power? Show me a test that examines the processor only, not the OS opening a browser test of some sort. I have not seen any CPU cross platform tests. Nokia is coming with a few larger devices as well. But they are not available yet so. Best phone is not an important moniker to look for. Best experience for the specific user is a good thing to look at. That user is you, not someone else on the internet either.

seventeenseconds

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Within the past year I've had a Nexus 4, Nexus 7, HTC One, and now the Note 3 (originally coming to Android from an Iphone 4). A friend just got the Nexus 5, so I've played with it a bit. I can easily say, for me, the Note 3 is hands down the best out of what's out there right now. Of course though, it's all preference. Before getting the Note, I was always hearing about the horror that was TouchWiz. On my Nexus 4 and 7, I ran Nova Launcher, since I prefer it over stock Jelly Bean. On the HTC One, overall I thought Sense was nice, but still preferred Nova. Since getting the Note, I gotta say, I really like TouchWiz! No, I don't like all the colors, layout and lockscreen is still lacking, but as a whole, I think the functionality is great! I tried Nova and quickly went back. I'm a heavy Exchange user and the stock TouchWiz calendar and especially calendar widget are the best I've come across yet. I've probably blown $30 on email/calendar apps for Exchange functionality and nothing (for me) beats what Samsung is doing. I wish the notification shade was more minimal like HTC Sense or stock, and the lockscreen had more customization, but other than that, I just don't see the hate for TouchWiz. The stock Samsung apps are really good. The S-Pen functionality is in a class of it's own. I'm really liking it and more importantly using it where I thought I never would.

Apple makes a damn nice phone. The 5S is the top pick for anyone who wants a smaller screen and doesn't care about customization (my wife is a perfect example). It's got a great camera and the build quality is well, Apple. If you can live in the IOS paradigm and ecosystem, I'm sure it's a fantastic device. Having had an Iphone 1st gen, 3GS and 4, I can't go back now unless they do something 'ground breaking' again. Even a rumored 5.7" display wouldn't immediately make me go, IOS is just too restrictive. It would have to come with an amazing camera or something else as well.

My picks are (in order):

1. Note 3
2. HTC One
3. Iphone 5s

The LG G2 looks like a solid choice as well, but haven't spent any time with it. Hard to say on the Nexus 5. I wasn't too impressed with the build quality. The camera is really hit and miss. It can take some really decent shots, but absolutely miserable ones as well (the focus is way off a lot and painfully slow). I'm sure much of it can be addressed in software updates, but who knows if or when that'll ever happen. Nothing about KitKat has me saying "I immediately need this" -- it'll just be nice to have in some future update, even if that's 6-8 months out.

It's a good time to be a mobile device geek and it's only going to get better. Find something you like, enjoy it for a couple years, then replace it. That's just the game.

Last edited:

nelonez

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Of course... :thumbup:
Can't go wrong with it... best phone hands down... :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

festinator

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
According to most people the answer is actually no lol, but seeing as this was asked in a note 3 forum, of course all you're getting is yes ;) the correct answer is, the best phone is the phone that is right for you . maybe that is the gn3. If it is, go buy one and get rowdy with that huge screen.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I'll be the first to say no, why? Pricing.

Google nexus 5 is the answer to OP's question.

Based on hardware alone, imo, the Verizon g2 is $40 more (for phone plus shipping) than the closest Nexus 5 but larger battery and better camera makes it worth it, imo.

Although, I got my note 3 for $90 on contract. If for some reason I wanted it off contract, I would just pay the $350 etf.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
In my opinion:

Note 3/nexus 5
iPhone 5S

I prefer the note to the nexus but you may not. It's about what you want as others have said better than myself.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1