Can't send mail from other accounts in GMail app

tjubb

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know why I can't send email from another email account I have setup in GMail? When I choose a different email address it always sends as the default account, not the one I chose. This only happens on the phone. When I choose to send from a different account from Gmail on my laptop it works properly. Thoughts?

Victoria Valentin

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Seems like Gmail can only have one account active, the one you used to set up the phone. From what I understand, you can't switch to your other gmail accounts like you can on the browser gmail. You'll have to use the basic Email app for that. Kind of a let down :p

tjubb

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Seems like Gmail can only have one account active, the one you used to set up the phone. From what I understand, you can't switch to your other gmail accounts like you can on the browser gmail. You'll have to use the basic Email app for that. Kind of a let down :p

Seems odd they give you the opportunity to change the FROM email address when crafting a new message if this was the case.

Victoria Valentin

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I tested it out with my yahoo account and It showed that it was sent from my yahoo email just fine.

My only issue with the gmail app is that I can't check my mail from other gmail accounts within Gmail. If anyone knows if this is possible please let me know!

omega1300

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
You just click the "primary" account in the upper left, then select your other Gmail account. That's how it works for me anyway.

Posted via Android Central App

Victoria Valentin

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm not getting any of my other accounts showing up there. Just my main one :( and I'm not finding anything in app to add an account

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon