Strange behavior with Bluetooth / voice command

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
So, I have 2 issues with the Bluetooth / Voice Command setup:

1) For some reason, (Android) voice command works flawlessly through my headset. I can say things like "Call Joe Black Mobile" and it will dial (eventually). It will provide voice feedback through the headset and ask if I want to dial Joe Black etc...and then it dials; perfect!

When I connect to my in-car Bluetooth (Kenwood 9990 HD) which works with other phones I have, and I ask it to dial "Joe Black Mobile", it does not provide voice feedback through the Bluetooth connection, or anywhere for that matter, and it displays the names on the Note 3 screen, but then the Kenwood just goes back to whatever audio source was playing before, which means that it times out waiting for an answer, but it never gave me voice feedback, and it doesn't actually listen at this point, so it just times out.

2) Next issue, I have screen lock set to "PIN", and I've set the screen to lock automatically after 30 minutes. If I make a call on Bluetooth, the screen locks after the call, even if the call was like 30 seconds. Then I have to enter the PIN to unlock...which is bad if I happen to be driving, which I usually am, and which is why I would be using Bluetooth in the 1st place.

I am using the Android voice command over Bluetooth, not the S Voice.

My BlackBerry's never had these issues through Bluetooth, albeit they have a myriad of other issues...LOL

I need to get the 1st issue resolved ASAP - 2nd one won't kill me until I can resolve it, but the 1st one might. Trying to dial while driving is a bad thing -- :)

rivencap

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I can reply to your first problem. I have Ford sync in my car and have my jawbone Bluetooth ear piece. When I use my jawbone, it works flawless. When I use Ford sync, it can't understand me. Too much back ground noise? So next best thing? I have a folder with my 1 touch dial contacts. I have a windshield mount for my phone. All it takes is one click to bring up the folder, one click for the contact I want. Just a suggestion.

On your other issue, maybe deactivate your pin or look in your hands free option. See if there is an automatic lock delay option? Sorry don't know what to suggest.

Palm Treo line > Blackberry line > Samsung Galaxy S line > NOW: the awesome Samsung Galaxy Note 3 😊

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
There is - and it's set for 30 minutes, but in the scenario above, it doesn't matter what the lock timeout is, it locks after a phone call. And yes, too much background noise and the system isn't using very good noise cancellation - if any.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I drive a truck for a living (dump truck) and BT is imperative. I find that Google is more accurate when voice dialing through my Moto Sliver II but S Voice to be better through my Pioneer X3500BHS in my Tundra. If I use Google through my pioneer...I get exactly what the OP states. It hangs then goes back to radio. With S Voice, it works. I prefer Google over S Voice cause S Voice seems to lag...I mean it takes 10 seconds for each command to register while Google is pretty much instant but with my pioneer, using Google is a no-go.