*Cue Dramatic music*
    I had my phone in my jacket pocket and somehow when I got into my car the phone slipped out, landed face down on the cement as I was getting ready to shut the door. The bottom right corner has a small chip and a couple extra small chip. (The chrome plastic came off.) And yes I had a case for my phone, obviously it doesn't cover the sides very well. Oh well, live and learn! Story of the day!

Sent From Samsung Note 3
    11-14-2013 11:16 AM
    I always have a mini heart attack when I drop my phone.....haha
    11-14-2013 11:23 AM
    Everything seem to be working though?
    JellyBeanGurl likes this.
    11-14-2013 11:41 AM
    Yup! I'm using it right now! Just wished I was more careful. Should have gotten me an otterbox case lol!!

Sent From Samsung Note 3
    11-14-2013 11:42 AM
    Glad to hear it didn't get seriously damaged!

I just got my otterbox defender for my N3 today and I absolutely LOVE it! It's better than I thought it would be!!

I highly recommend!!
    11-14-2013 11:46 AM
    So the lesson so far is that big phone should not go into cover less pockets!

@T-Mobile GN3
    JellyBeanGurl and zmann like this.
    11-14-2013 11:50 AM
    So the lesson so far is that big phone should not go into cover less pockets!

@T-Mobile GN3
    Right!!

Sent From Samsung Note 3
    11-14-2013 11:57 AM
    What kind of case do you have?
    11-14-2013 12:15 PM
    Yup! I'm using it right now! Just wished I was more careful. Should have gotten me an otterbox case lol!!

Sent From Samsung Note 3
    I had an otterbox for my iphone and it was huge. I dont know how you guys can deal with such a huge case.
    kj11 likes this.
    11-14-2013 01:02 PM
    you have to deal with it being that big at lest we don't have to worry about it getting cracked or anything else the outter box case is worth every penny!!!!!!!!
    11-14-2013 01:06 PM
    I myself don't understand them large cases either... It's like putting the phone in a box. But I understand why some people need this type of case, piece of mind, or maybe a previous bad experience... For me,, thin case and temperd glass screen protector and I'm good.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!
    Gbsa likes this.
    11-14-2013 01:24 PM
    I myself don't understand them large cases either... It's like putting the phone in a box. But I understand why some people need this type of case, piece of mind, or maybe a previous bad experience... For me,, thin case and temperd glass screen protector and I'm good.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!
    Yeah, the Note 3 is already one damn big phone, and putting a thick case on it would make it like a brick. Minor damage is ok, so long as the screen stays undamaged.
    11-14-2013 01:57 PM
    The Otterbox Defender for the N3 is surprisingly sleek and comfortable.

Maybe a little bulky for some people's tastes. .. but doesn't bother me at all.

The power and volume buttons are still extremely responsive... and it has a flap which covers the home button as well, yet it's still also extremely responsive.

And it feels very comfortable to hold, even with one hand.

I won't have any other case on my phone!
    11-14-2013 02:00 PM
    I got the spigen slim armor case. Seems like it will provide good protection.
    11-14-2013 03:10 PM
    I feel your pain. I did a similar thing with my GS2. It was in my breast shirt pocket and I bent over in the driveway to pick up something and it tumbled out matrix-like. I tried to catch it, but fumbled it. Landed first on a corner, exploded (back cover, battery, front), and tumbled in all different directions. Fortunately, damaged was very minor and only cosmetic.

I still go mostly naked - just a screen protector. And rarely in my breast pocket anymore.
    11-14-2013 03:24 PM
    I'm glad for you. Had an accident with my motorcycle last week. Slipped out when it was raining and fell on the side where my N3 was in my jeans without any protection. Felt quite hard actually but it survived with no damage.. Stronger than my ribs and knee

Posted via Android Central App
    CNParrish and JellyBeanGurl like this.
    11-14-2013 04:18 PM
    How do you like the slim armor case? I'm seriously considering that case or the slim armor view. I have a case now but its way too bulky.

Posted via Android Central App
    11-14-2013 11:33 PM
    Is it much thicker?

Sent from my gameboy color
    11-14-2013 11:39 PM
    I got this thin aluminum case from eBay. It looks like what the iPhone would look like if it was adult-sized
    11-15-2013 08:02 AM
    Slim Armor is well made but it does make the phone thicker and wider. It does look good.
    11-15-2013 09:06 AM
    Haha after reading this thread last night . I did the same thing and had a S View case on mine have just a little smudge by the s pen

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    11-15-2013 02:47 PM
    -_-' *sigh* the S View cover is not a case. It doesn't offer any real protection to the phone at all (maybe if you dropped it and it landed perfectly face down without the flap coming open during the fall). It really irks me when people are like "OMG I dropped my phone and the screen shattered but I had this case on it!" When the case they're talking about is the S View cover. It has no shock absorption, no bezel protection, no hard protective shell. If you're serious about not paying for a shattered screen, put a real case on it meant to protect it from drops.
    11-15-2013 02:55 PM
    -_-' *sigh* the S View cover is not a case. It doesn't offer any real protection to the phone at all (maybe if you dropped it and it landed perfectly face down without the flap coming open during the fall). It really irks me when people are like "OMG I dropped my phone and the screen shattered but I had this case on it!" When the case they're talking about is the S View cover. It has no shock absorption, no bezel protection, no hard protective shell. If you're serious about not paying for a shattered screen, put a real case on it meant to protect it from drops.
    I don't have an Sview case. Lighten up. I was just sharing.

Sent From Samsung Note 3
    11-15-2013 04:16 PM
    *Cue Dramatic music*
    I had my phone in my jacket pocket and somehow when I got into my car the phone slipped out, landed face down on the cement as I was getting ready to shut the door. The bottom right corner has a small chip and a couple extra small chip. (The chrome plastic came off.) And yes I had a case for my phone, obviously it doesn't cover the sides very well. Oh well, live and learn! Story of the day!

Sent From Samsung Note 3
    Im so sorry this happened! I dropped my Note 3 the 2nd day of having it as well with NO cover. It has a dent on the bottom left corner. It happens. Hope it still works ok!!
    11-15-2013 04:25 PM