Someone told me the the samsung area in best buy is "like an apple store"
    If something goes wrong with my Note 3 that I could take it there for service / replacements / warranty issues etc.
    Any truth to this?
    I can't really find any info on best buy site
    11-14-2013 05:49 PM
    I have one of those samsung BB stores.

And no, you can't take your phone/device there for service/replacement/warranty.

it's basically just a big Samsung kiosk.
    11-14-2013 06:37 PM
    I bought my Note 3 at Best Buy. I bought protection for it too (cancelled the Verizon protection plan) but he said I can go to any Best Buy if I have problems. I'm guessing he was talking about Geek Squad, not the Samsung Experience area.

Sent from my Black on Black Verizon Note 3
    11-14-2013 08:03 PM
    I bought my Note 3 at Best Buy. I bought protection for it too (cancelled the Verizon protection plan) but he said I can go to any Best Buy if I have problems. I'm guessing he was talking about Geek Squad, not the Samsung Experience area.

Correct geek squad

Rockin my Note 3
    11-14-2013 08:35 PM

How much do you pay a month? What is the deductible?

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    11-14-2013 09:15 PM
    How much do you pay a month? What is the deductible?

I paid $200 for a 2 yr plan at best buy until I found out that the deductible was raised to $150. At which point I went back in and canceled. I think the monthly fee is $10 if you don't pay it all up front.

I then checked with my home owners insurance because of what someone said in this forum. I found out that my insurance actually covers my phone with no deductible. Wow I would not have guessed that. So check it out its worth a shot.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    dpham00 likes this.
    11-14-2013 11:13 PM
    I paid $200 for a 2 yr plan at best buy until I found out that the deductible was raised to $150. At which point I went back in and canceled. I think the monthly fee is $10 if you don't pay it all up front.

Yeah I'm paying $10 a month.

11-15-2013 12:32 AM
    I then checked with my home owners insurance because of what someone said in this forum. I found out that my insurance actually covers my phone with no deductible. Wow I would not have guessed that. So check it out its worth a shot.

I'm not a home owner, but I should see if my renters insurance covers my phone. Probably won't. But we'll see.

11-15-2013 12:35 AM

If you file a claim, does it count as a claim against the house?

11-15-2013 01:14 AM

That's a good question. I don't know how it will affect my premiums if I make a claim. I will check it out.

11-15-2013 08:22 AM
    That's a good question. I don't know how it will affect my premiums if I make a claim. I will check it out.

That's the big thing. My parents made a claim years back and their premium for the next few years went up about 50%. It is one thing for house damage, but if you are getting $700 worth and your insurance goes up a few hundred a year for a few years , then it isn't worth it

11-15-2013 09:50 AM
    My Bestbuy Samsung reps work for a third party, in which case they aren't authorized to repair.
    11-15-2013 09:42 PM

Yes it does. I wouldn't file something small like a phone on homeowners insurance.

11-15-2013 11:45 PM