Hey guys,

I did the OTA and lost root, any idea how to get it back?

Root Explorer / Wave Alarm

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

FYI. Restarted and it says:
    Unfortuantely, Root Explorer has stopped.

Let me be clear what I did thanks for the great post, I have the De La Vega files from here which I got a month ago

Any Way you could help with a bit step by step or direct me?

1 I rooted with Root_de_la_Vega-SM-N900V (using Verizon Note 3)
    a. I also downloaded the Stock Recovery Files

2. Did this a month ago and have tons of SMS's and apps now... Which I Really do not want to lose

3. Saw the update last week and did not think anything of it and downloaded.

NOW

1. No Root

2. Wary as to what is the best way to re-root, since I don't want to be f'ed

3. Kicking myself in the *** since I should have chcked first

4. SuperSU wont launch since it says I updated to 4.3

5. Can't figure out on XDA what the right method is, or if I should wait has no mention of what to do other than maybe screwed

6. In the future is it best to just never update?
    11-14-2013 10:34 PM
    edited my post
    I think what you meant to say was you hear the concerns about kingo. I haven't really heard any complaints. I mean to each their own. Since you're not really concerned though about your information being used can I borrow your credit cards? Daddy needs some new shoes.... lol! All that is being said is be careful! If there's any risk at all I'm out. I've heard a lot of great things about both root options and a lot of bad. I guess it's just a preference thing. Either way good luck!
    I read Kingo root was malicious no? Is there a way to root again though without losing my old data?
    Is this the option that I need? Trying to find a step by Step, so I don't brick, hit knox, the De La Vega was amazing. Step by Step even had a Youtube video.

I know of people that got back rooted using Kingo root.

All Android devices supported by Kingo Android Root

UPDATE!!!
    Here is the message that has just been posted:
    Say BYE-BYE to Kingo, well for those of you that have been following the saga that continues with this latest update. Hashcode for those who didn't know took the Kingo Update, which he and many skilled others knew what we were in for, but the chance for Root was great to take the risk. Anyhow, it appears there is now a way to use Kingo to gain Root, then Remove it after gaining Root, returning back to our safe version of Chainfire's SuperSU version 1.65. It almost seemed like a no-brainer after I came across it in one of his post. Refer first to post, [RECOVERY LOCKED] Safestrap Recovery v3.63 (BETA) [2013-11-07] - Page 22 - (VZW) Galaxy Note 3 Development - RootzWiki ([RECOVERY LOCKED] Safestrap Recovery v3.65 (STABLE) [2013-11-13] - Page 22 - (VZW) Galaxy Note 3 Development - RootzWiki) With this post you are basically going to Chainfire's site and downloading SuperSU 1.65 in the .zip to flash, which will remove the Kingo apk and su. Hashcode recommends using his Safestrap to flash the zip. I on the other hand am still having some issues with SS, therefore I am finding Flash Gordon to be more effective and easier to use, xda-developers - View Single Post - [APK][Flash Zips WITHOUT a Recovery!]Flash Gordon: an Edify to Bash parser/translator (xda-developers - View Single Post - [APK][Flash Zips WITHOUT a Recovery!]Flash Gordon: an Edify to Bash parser/translator). I have included the link to Flash Gordon which it is an app, works very easily just download the SuperSU 1.65.zip to your device find the zip with Flash Gordon and run it, then Reboot it and your done. No more Kingo.
    This seems really complicated any way to to do this step by step so I don't break my phone?
    11-15-2013 01:20 AM
    There is always a risk of breaking your phone with things like this, especially since you're talking about a new firmware release. My approach is usually to let others find out what not to do and what the negative effects are first. I haven't rooted yet mainly because I want to see up this all plays out with Knox and other security stuff. However that flash Gordon apk does seem pretty easy to use to gain root. With all the Kingo root crap that went on I would still be hesitant to use that first method even if it does delete Kingo afterwards. Also, I'm sure with the new update there will be updated firmware to use with root de la vega. Just give it time

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    11-15-2013 07:12 AM