Suggest me a good phone!!

mikeng714

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Your issues with the note 3 can be fixed with apps. You don't like the media player... get a different one. Don't like the UI. Get a different launcher and force stop Touchwiz. Problems solved.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Great tip about the force stop. I had no idea that you can do that with touchwiz launcher. However, I am wondering, any negative side effect by doing this? Will touchwiz reactive or does it stay closed until I restart my phone? Can someone chime in. I've been using the go launcher and love it. Thanks for the advice guys. Sorry about hijacking this thread.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Jyoti Sahoo

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
To be honest, all your cons for the Note 3 can be rectified with third party apps.

- I'm not a fan of Touchwiz either so I have Nova Prime launcher on my phone. It works flawlessly and I highly recommend it for adding extra functionality to the device without taking anything away.
- I use Poweramp as a media player and it's a great app; very powerful.
- The looks I think are subjective. I think it looks great in comparison to any other Samsung phone. I preer the looks of my iPhone and HTC One over this phone but the Galaxy is still a beautiful looking device.

Your cons for the Sony are much harder to rectify, in my opinion. If you think the phone is too big for a 5 inch screen, there's not a lot you can do about that. In my opinion, slow updates are less of a problem unless you need the update to rectify a problem, then they become a major issue. The lack of features can be alleviated by judicious use of third party apps. Not all functions can be replicated but certainly some can.

Taking your cons for both devices into consideration, all the Samsung ones can be sorted out easily, your Sony ones are mostly out of your control. Using that methodology, the Note 3 is the clear winner here. Go get it! :)

Loved your explanation!! :) But I just came to know that they give exynos octa core processor with 1.9 and 1.3 ghz clock speed in india, while z1 gives snapdragon at 2.2ghz but still Note 3 is top ranked right now in my mind, so please advise me what to do now? I think I should go with Note 3 (as UI can be solved easily) but z1 doesn't has s pen and all but snapdragon 800 clocked at 2.2 Please help me :)

With Best Regards
Jyoti Ranjan

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Since it's been hijacked already, I can offer you a tip to close apps and make them non-active, even if they're still loaded in memory. The advantage is that they won't eat battery at all and it takes no additional keystrokes.

Go to: Settings>> General>>about device - and tap "build number" 7 times until you get developer mode activated. Then, back out to General>>developer options - and scroll down to "Do not keep activities. Check the box to ON.

What this does is kill the app once you hit the home button or back out of the app. It will show up in the task list and in memory, but it's no longer active. It's almost the same as having them active as it speeds up loading time, but since it's technically not active, it has no impact on battery.

mikeng714

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Would be great; however, I am using GO Launcher, which requires you to leave that option off. Thanks for the advice.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I like the ui of the Note 3, it may not be the best looking, but it is most functional. It allows quick toggling of many settings, and provides your a file manager, and many options to not be used by Google.

Even Google is leaning from Samsung by removing the black background in app grid screen in kitkat.

I couldn't care less about the system upgrade at this time. From the reviews, kit kat contains little meaningful upgrade for me, while bundles a herd of things designed to tie users to Google services, which already collect everybody's information. I can live without that.

@T-Mobile GN3

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Since it's been hijacked already, I can offer you a tip to close apps and make them non-active, even if they're still loaded in memory. The advantage is that they won't eat battery at all and it takes no additional keystrokes.

Go to: Settings>> General>>about device - and tap "build number" 7 times until you get developer mode activated. Then, back out to General>>developer options - and scroll down to "Do not keep activities. Check the box to ON.

What this does is kill the app once you hit the home button or back out of the app. It will show up in the task list and in memory, but it's no longer active. It's almost the same as having them active as it speeds up loading time, but since it's technically not active, it has no impact on battery.

Boy does this option make the phone useless. I listen to sirius radio all day and as soon as I checked that box it stopped.. I guess I would have to keep it on the screen all day in order for it to play. Lol.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

treedabl

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
l will never understand why people come to the Note 3 forum and ask which phone they should buy. Quite honestly, you are not likely to get much of an objective opinion here. We own this phone because we think it's the best available option. Good luck on your purchase but decide based on your own needs and not the subjective opinion of others.

Sent from my Note 3

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
l will never understand why people come to the Note 3 forum and ask which phone they should buy. Quite honestly, you are not likely to get much of an objective opinion here. We own this phone because we think it's the best available option. Good luck on your purchase but decide based on your own needs and not the subjective opinion of others.

Sent from my Note 3

I totally agree with you, and I wonder how do they function in the real world when they can not even decide which phone to buy on their own.

mount.zed

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Check out the LG G2. I just picked one up a few days ago and really like it. The screen is amazing, the battery life is very good, and for a 5.2 screen the device seems to be quite pocketable

Hionimi

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm kind of surprised how the topic starter states the pros and cons, have you actually tried out the phones for yourself? (Not sure if they have them on display in Indian telecom stores.)

I have been interested in the Sony Z1 as well as it is an interesting phone. It's water-proof, fast and has some decent factory installed apps from what I've gathered. What I did read in some reviews is that people complain about the screen quality, mostly the contrast. Other than that, it's a good phone.

Now I myself eventually went for the Note 3 (N-9005) because, well, I love big screens, stylus pens should never die and it has a good screen. Bad UI? They actually improved a lot compared to the previous Note's, and this phone isn't lagging anywhere. Hell, I can have a bunch of apps updating on the background and still flip through the menu's butter smoothly. (This was impossible on my Note. (N-7000)) The only down-sides I find with the Note 3 is that there is a bit too much bloatware, but that can be disabled, and it's not left-hand friendly. :p

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Boy does this option make the phone useless. I listen to sirius radio all day and as soon as I checked that box it stopped.. I guess I would have to keep it on the screen all day in order for it to play. Lol.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!
It's not for everyone...works for me though, as I don't listen to anything or use the phone when I'm not actually doing something on it...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2