Just letting you guys know that my Gear is awesome. I was worried about the battery life but it lasts me 4 days and that's plenty for me. Now, granted that is not 4 days straight of continuously being on. I turn it on when I leave for work about 6:20ish am and turn it off when I get home around 5 ish. So all together it's about 44 hours of use before I put it to charge and that is with the brightness always on outdoor mode.

It works great for what I want. I wanted it to be able to tell why my phone buzzed in my pocket with out taking it out. I also like that you can see who is calling without that rush to take the phone out only to see it's someone you don't want to talk to. I didn't think I would answer calls on it too much but I have a few times and it was very convenient. I love reading my text messages and emails on it but wish it worked with more than just the stock apps.

An unexpected perk is all the attention I get from wearing it. People are always asking if that's the new phone watch and want to play with it.

An unexpected disappointment was not having (and still not available) a calculator app on it. I'm a big math nerd (I have a tattoo of the fundamental theorem of calculus on my arm) and my last watch wasa gold Casio Databank. Also, they have tons of different faces for the clock but none of them shows seconds, I would like to see the seconds.

All in all I love it and can't wait for more of my favorite apps to work on it.
    11-17-2013 04:36 PM
    Much much much respect goes to you for being a math nerd. We need more of you in the world.

The GG can be a great gizmo if it meets your needs and wants. ...and it's only going to get better.
    11-17-2013 05:25 PM
    Much much much respect goes to you for being a math nerd. We need more of you in the world.
    I'm working on it, I'm a high school Algebra teacher. That's why I can't pull my phone out every time it buzzes, I'm busy shaping young minds.
    vzw8830 likes this.
    11-17-2013 07:44 PM
    I just got mine this past weekend and love'n it!!
    Like most people I didn't want to pay the high price tag on this awesome gadget so I waited for a deal and a deal I got....FREE!!!
    Well, lets say it was kind of a gift from my niece that works for AT&T and gave it me for sign up for AT&T Digital Life. LOL..heheh

I wear watches that has a bigger face (G-Shock) then the Gear and think its perfect if not should be bigger after all we want to see that gorgeous display.
    The Gear is getting better with apps that Sammy is pushing out and customizing the faces for it is fun with Watch Styler app. The Gear should be on your Christmas list this year.
    11-18-2013 12:29 AM
    How do people react to the camera? Have you had it pointed at anyone by accident and they looked at you suspiciously?

Posted via Android Central App
    fkpalm likes this.
    11-18-2013 09:54 AM
    Most people I show are surprised to see the camera when I show them,, they just don't realize there is a camera. Lol

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!
    11-18-2013 11:08 AM
    Yeah, most people don't know there is a camera and that's how I get away from taking pictures or video with it. Hehehe...sneaky sneaky
    I end up showing them the camera (pic/vid) and yes, they are surprised.
    11-19-2013 11:45 AM
    Yup, the battery life is good. I do the same thing. I turn it on in the morning around 5 am when I am getting ready to leave the house for my commute to work on my bicycle. When I get home at night, I turn it off.
    11-23-2013 03:57 AM
    I am contemplating getting a GG and am wondering can you play Google play through it. I love to hook my headphones into my phone when I'm doing housework and such but hate having to constantly take my phone out of my pocket to change a song. Can that be done with the gear, cause if so then I will definitely be buying one.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
    11-23-2013 04:03 AM
    I am contemplating getting a GG and am wondering can you play Google play through it. I love to hook my headphones into my phone when I'm doing housework and such but hate having to constantly take my phone out of my pocket to change a song. Can that be done with the gear, cause if so then I will definitely be buying one.

Yes, it will control the music player on your phone.

OptimuS G Pro
    11-23-2013 04:33 AM
    How do people react to the camera? Have you had it pointed at anyone by accident and they looked at you suspiciously?

Posted via Android Central App
    Yup be honest, no one notices it unless they are checking out the watch. Once they do notice it they want to see me take a picture with it.

Yes, it will control whatever music player you have going.
    11-23-2013 07:14 AM