Move files from internal storage to Sd card on the Note 3.

RhysC24

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I was wondering if there's a way to move files such as pictures, music and videos on from the internal memory storage to the SD card on my note 3.
I've tried to follow the steps about going in "My Files" then select "All" and to check the desired files but I can't find the so called menu icon they mentioned which offers me the copy and paste options.

There's only the icon that gives you the options to send via Bluetooth, emails, viber or whatsapp AND the icon to delete the file.

I have the 16Gb Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N-9005 version and it's not rooted.

Can somebody help me please.

Thank you in advance.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I was wondering if there's a way to move files such as pictures, music and videos on from the internal memory storage to the SD card on my note 3.
I've tried to follow the steps about going in "My Files" then select "All" and to check the desired files but I can't find the so called menu icon they mentioned which offers me the copy and paste options.

There's only the icon that gives you the options to send via Bluetooth, emails, viber or whatsapp AND the icon to delete the file.

Thank you in advance.

In the "My Files" app after you have selected the files you want to move with a check mark, press the capacitive menu button and choose "move", you will be taken back to a screen displaying internal storage and sd card options, select sd card and then navigate to where you want to place the files, when your in the folder where you want the files tap the "move here" option that you will see in the upper right of your screen.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site

Thank you in advance.

I am novice myself, but this works for me and it is easy..I just connect my Note 3 to my computer via that 3.0 cable. The phone will show up in "computer".. Click on the phone, and it will the show the phone storage and the sd card.. You take off the phone and put it on the card. I know they got programs, and might be easier way. But, until I can better at learning these apps and my way around this super phone, this is the way I do it.. :D

BTW, I didn't know they made a 16 gb version of the Note 3....

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Why do you guys complicate your life with file managers, computers and files explorer ? Just go to settings....general.....application manager and either go to downloads or all ....and every single app if you click on it will have the option to move it to the SD card.....

DrSavant

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Why do you guys complicate your life with file managers, computers and files explorer ? Just go to settings....general.....application manager and either go to downloads or all ....and every single app if you click on it will have the option to move it to the SD card.....

Every single app is a misleading statement.

Some apps can be moved that way. The rest will require rooting, in order to function properly.

Posted via Android Central App

Dronak

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

While that's true for some apps (not all, as DrSavant noted, because), the original poster asked about moving files "such as pictures, music and videos", not apps. That's probably why the suggestions are for file managers and/or using the computer as a go-between.

FWIW, my choice for file manipulation is ES File Explorer, because it can connect your phone to other machines (like your computer) on your local network and to some cloud services (e.g., Dropbox, Google Drive). I'm sure there are other apps that will serve the same basic purpose. I'm not sure if there's a pre-installed one though. There is "My Files", but it seems kind of limited, so I don't use it.

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I would previously copy media-files (mp3, avi's, etc) to my Note3 (/storage/emulated/0/music) from my PC via USB-transfer and the media-players; "Google Play Music" and "Music" would recognize (meaning the copied media-files would show up in the respective apps and I could tap and play them).
But I couldn't get the phone to recognize media-files that I copied directly to the SD-card (meaning the media-files copied this way wouldn't show up in the respective apps).

I then installed Rhythm Software's "File Manager V1.16.6" and could happily move media-files to the SD-card (/storage/extSdCard/Android/data/com.google.android.music/files). Voila!! The media-players would now recognize media-files in both locations.

HOWEVER... just out of the blues, I couldn't use "File Manager" to move media-files from phone to SD-card anymore! And I'm still faced with the issue where media-files copied directly to the SD-card are not recognized by the media-players. "File Manager" allows me to "Cut" or "Copy" files from phone, navigate to SD-card but when I tap on "Paste"... I'd get this message "Paste Warning. Following files have not been pasted: <filename> or <list of filenames> if I selected multiple files.

Further, if I use "File Manager" to navigate to SD-card (/storage/extSdCard/Android/data/com.google.android.music/files) and tap on the previously not-recognized media-files, the media-player would happily play that selection. I just can't "see" these not-recognized media-files from within the media-player app.

Apologize for this long story... but does anyone have any idea what's happening here?

Thanks in advance... for any feedback.

Last edited:

Sudheer P

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I used ASTRO in android mobile to move files(Pics,Videos) from internal to sd card,But there is no option select all pics,i select total file and click on move,went to DCIM and paste.. That file was paste there but i can't see that file in my PC when i am opening the sd card in my PC.

Please explain me how to move the folder or files from internal memory to sd card.which can shows in PC.

Sudheer.

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I would previously copy media-files (mp3, avi's, etc) to my Note3 (/storage/emulated/0/music) from my PC via USB-transfer and the media-players; "Google Play Music" and "Music" would recognize (meaning the copied media-files would show up in the respective apps and I could tap and play them).
But I couldn't get the phone to recognize media-files that I copied directly to the SD-card (meaning the media-files copied this way wouldn't show up in the respective apps).

I then installed Rhythm Software's "File Manager V1.16.6" and could happily move media-files to the SD-card (/storage/extSdCard/Android/data/com.google.android.music/files). Voila!! The media-players would now recognize media-files in both locations.

HOWEVER... just out of the blues, I couldn't use "File Manager" to move media-files from phone to SD-card anymore! And I'm still faced with the issue where media-files copied directly to the SD-card are not recognized by the media-players. "File Manager" allows me to "Cut" or "Copy" files from phone, navigate to SD-card but when I tap on "Paste"... I'd get this message "Paste Warning. Following files have not been pasted: <filename> or <list of filenames> if I selected multiple files.

Further, if I use "File Manager" to navigate to SD-card (/storage/extSdCard/Android/data/com.google.android.music/files) and tap on the previously not-recognized media-files, the media-player would happily play that selection. I just can't "see" these not-recognized media-files from within the media-player app.

Apologize for this long story... but does anyone have any idea what's happening here?

Thanks in advance... for any feedback.

=======
I found a simple solution to my problem above by simply not using "Google Play Music" and "Music".
I installed "Rocket Music Player" from JRTStudio and problem solved.
"Rocket Music Player" allows me to specify the folders when my media files are regardless of whether the media-files are on device or SDcard.
QED... =)

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I used ASTRO in android mobile to move files(Pics,Videos) from internal to sd card,But there is no option select all pics,i select total file and click on move,went to DCIM and paste.. That file was paste there but i can't see that file in my PC when i am opening the sd card in my PC.

Please explain me how to move the folder or files from internal memory to sd card.which can shows in PC.

Sudheer.

==========
It seemed that you had successfully copied the files but you weren't able to see from your PC (I assume you mean that you can't see the copied files at its destination folder from your PC's Windows Explorer) although you presumably can see it from your device's copy utility.
If this is the case, then I would say that the problem is with your PC ... Try disconnect and re-connect your device to see if that helps... If not, try again after rebooting your PC. If it still doesn't help... I am at a loss...
Good luck.