Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Any settings for when using the S Pen as text input?

Hionimi

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I think the text input when using the S Pen works surprisingly well, and I mean both editors. (There seems to be two, one for when hovering your S Pen over a closed Text Input field and hitting the little Pen Symbol, and one when switching on the Samsung Keyboard itself which summons the full editor, I'm mostly talking about this one.) Now, my only problem with the Written Text Input is how fast you need to write to make it work, sometimes I prefer to write more words at once. For this you need to be quick and have no 'derp?' moments at all. And waiting for the Input to process your word and clear the Input Field then again takes slightly too long to really write quick short messages this way. Thing is, I can't find any settings anywhere in the Settings Menu or the Keyboard Menu at all to change these settings. I guess there is no way to adjust this?

I suppose if I want to bring this under the attention of Samsung I have to either put this info in a review on the Play store or contact them directly? What do you guys think about the S Pen Text Input? :confused:

TheMacs

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I love the Spen too, and know what you're talking about. I haven't seen a setting like that, but haven't really looked either. It would be nice, but I'm kinda doubtful it exists. If you find one, post back!

Cheers.

dafuse

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
I hare searched for settings and some sort of manual, and found neither. It's really annoying sometimes, and unpredictable. I wish I could at least understand how it works so I could avoid doing something wrong.

Hionimi

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Well, what I found so far is that it does do some clever things, like, when you have written a word, it breaks the line a bit. when you write further behind that break you get an automatic Space, but if you put a symbol inside the break you can end or interrupt your sentence with a dot, comma, exclamation mark or question mark. Which works pretty well I must say.

GANote3

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I have a note 8 as well and the s pen input for my note 8 is different. It looks like a yellow pad on the bottom and depending on how small you write, ypu can get a few lines in before pausing to clear. If you press the backspace key on my note 8 it will clear the pad and you can continue on. I have not tried it on the note 3 yet.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Jason Ricca

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Go to Settings>Language & Input. You want the Samsung keyboard by default. There is a settings gear below, adjacent to "Samsung Keyboard". You want the sub menu for Handwriting. Edit the value for recognition time. Cheers! :)

roguetrader

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Go to Settings>Language & Input. You want the Samsung keyboard by default. There is a settings gear below, adjacent to "Samsung Keyboard". You want the sub menu for Handwriting. Edit the value for recognition time. Cheers! :)

On my Note 3, there is no handwriting sub menu in the Samsung keyboard settings.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

iq160plus

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I had this setting with Jelly Bean 4.2. but since the 4.3 Jelly Bean I can no longer figure out how to change recognition time on my GN2.

anyone else know how?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800