Battery life rocks

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Heavy user here. Browse. Text. And Facebook for most of the day. I still have 34 percent left. 19 hours 35 minutes on battery.

Sent From My Samsung Note 3 using Tapatalk

Lots of wifi I take it?

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes!

That explains it. :)

On mobile data that battery will drop faster. I charge once if not twice at work sometimes... But in all fairness I'm streaming movies, so screen stays on of course, and then I have 3 others tethering to my phone all at the very least streaming music if not Netflix as well :p. It really rocks the battery.

JellyBeanGurl

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site

On mobile data that battery will drop faster. I charge once if not twice at work sometimes... But in all fairness I'm streaming movies, so screen stays on of course, and then I have 3 others tethering to my phone all at the very least streaming music if not Netflix as well :p. It really rocks the battery.

Yes I'm aware of this. I stream videos and my wifi/data will fluctuate and run off each other if the connection isn't stable so either way, I'm still using some mobile data. I'm almost at 5GB.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes I'm aware of this. I stream videos and my wifi/data will fluctuate and run off each other if the connection isn't stable so either way, I'm still using some mobile data. I'm almost at 5GB.

Nice. In the past 2 days I've racked up 8 so far. Just started my cycle a little bit ago. I usually average 50-60 GB a month.

Attachments

• 1386726844632.jpg
    1386726844632.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 19

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

I've never noticed the battery life dropping when I've switched from Wifi only to Network only on any of my devices. I start to wonder if people make the assumption that because the Wifi signal is physically closer that it must somehow spare the battery. To me it will depend mostly on the signal's strength and if the device is constantly having to hunt for that signal as to how bad it'll drain the battery. I have yet to see anything that shows one radio significantly drain the battery more than another radio.

I used to work in an area that wouldn't even connect to Verizon's voice network and thus I'd have to shut off all the radios off except for Wifi. I didn't notice much of a difference in how long the battery would last me. If anything, when I'd have to move around the building, my battery would drain faster because my phone would have to jump from different Wifi gateways. Although, I'm betting the same would be true if you're moving from cell tower to cell tower as far as battery performance is concerned.

JellyBeanGurl

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Nice. In the past 2 days I've racked up 8 so far. Just started my cycle a little bit ago. I usually average 50-60 GB a month.

When you use that much does your Internet get very slow off 4G? After 5GB, mine gets to be veeeerrrryyyyyy slow. I have ATT.

JellyBeanGurl

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I've never noticed the battery life dropping when I've switched from Wifi only to Network only on any of my devices. I start to wonder if people make the assumption that because the Wifi signal is physically closer that it must somehow spare the battery. To me it will depend mostly on the signal's strength and if the device is constantly having to hunt for that signal as to how bad it'll drain the battery. I have yet to see anything that shows one radio significantly drain the battery more than another radio.

I know when I'm on 4G/LTE it will give me 6 hours, maybe 7.5 if I'm lucky. And that's for a heavy user too. Browsing. Texting. Reading off my nook app. Emailing. Browsing and lots of Facebook.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

He'd still be somewhere around 6-6.5 hours which is still really impressive.

Posted via Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
He'd still be somewhere around 6-6.5 hours which is still really impressive.

First if you mean the other post she has girl in her username :p.

And also.. You can't say that for sure. I'll post my battery life later after I rock it.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
When you use that much does your Internet get very slow off 4G? After 5GB, mine gets to be veeeerrrryyyyyy slow. I have ATT.

It does not. T-Mobile gives truly unlimited data with no throttles.

If you have "unlimited" with AT&T you get 5 GB of data then they throttle you to very slow speeds till your next billing cycle. It's their way of trying to force people off of the unlimited plan.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

And also.. You can't say that for sure. I'll post my battery life later after I rock it.

Oh, really? Sorry :p
Anyway, it wasn't ban exact figure but from personal experience I made an estimate. My best screen on time is 7H 18M, mostly on WiFi. My best on LTE is around 6H 10M :)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Oh, really? Sorry :p
Anyway, it wasn't ban exact figure but from personal experience I made an estimate. My best screen on time is 7H 18M, mostly on WiFi. My best on LTE is around 6H 10M :)

Well not talking just the connection. It's connection combined with heavy use. Heavy use on wifi uses less power hence why those people tend to have longer life (this is a general rule of thumb and of course isn't always 100% true.)

I got a call from my gf last night at like 1245 am.. Unplugged then (phone was full). Came to work at 7 and watched a movie on Google Movies and also fired up my tether for coworkers. Below are my stats so far.

Attachments

• 1386775152761.jpg
    1386775152761.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 1386775161161.jpg
    1386775161161.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 1386775168241.jpg
    1386775168241.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 17

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Bah going to have meeting later so have to charge :eek:.

JellyBeanGurl

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site

Perhaps I should have spelled it GIRL? LOL. It's too common and thought the system wouldn't take it. So gurl it is. :p Wouldn't mind being a "he" on some days. Don't think my hubby would like that very much. *inserts evil laugh*

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Perhaps I should have spelled it GIRL? LOL. It's too common and thought the system wouldn't take it. So gurl it is. :p Wouldn't mind being a "he" on some days. Don't think my hubby would like that very much. *inserts evil laugh*

Just keep in mind that once more people realize that you're a "gurl", your threads asking for help will be answered more expediently and you'll get more awkward type quotes......(like this one....)

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

I didn't even look at the name of who was posting when I referred to you :p
Obviously I would have known what you meant by "girl," sorry

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hisoka_Ryuzaki